Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Avoid anything like that off eBay.
Go to a company who have a vast knowledge of how to map a car properly. Superchips even offer their own warranty

·
Registered
61 Posts
Won't a remap invalidate the warranty ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
mokkalee said:
Won't a remap invalidate the warranty ?
Technically, it's not a remap. It's an "on the fly" adjuster. A remap would reprogram the ECU. Take these chips off, and you go back to factory standard.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'll follow this with interest, especially as you have provided a figure for the additional insurance premium, so I've got a ballpark figure of total cost to work with.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look forward to a review of the map and if you think it's worth the money

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wont beremappingor boxing my Mokka.

You look about on VXR online or Insignia Forums. There are people on there who have been refusedwarrantybecause they have had it boxed or remapped and then put it back to standard before they take it in forwarrantywork etc.

New cars have a much better computer system in place than the older ones.

Tech2 or the newer Tech3 cant detect anything........ but the VAUXCOM Laptop can. All new cars have a black box systemwhichlogs all car data. Boost Pressure, WaterTemperature, EngineTemperature, Engine RPM, OilTemperature, the list goes on and on. So if they detect anything out the norm and suspect anything.

So when you plug in your Blue Fin to the OBD port and flash or reprogram ECU well that's just been logged.

Bye ByeWarranty. Hello Credit Card.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fatman said:
I wont beremappingor boxing my Mokka.

You look about on VXR online or Insignia Forums. There are people on there who have been refusedwarrantybecause they have had it boxed or remapped and then put it back to standard before they take it in forwarrantywork etc.

New cars have a much better computer system in place than the older ones.

Tech2 or the newer Tech3 cant detect anything........ but the VAUXCOM Laptop can. All new cars have a black box systemwhichlogs all car data. Boost Pressure, WaterTemperature, EngineTemperature, Engine RPM, OilTemperature, the list goes on and on. So if they detect anything out the norm and suspect anything.

So when you plug in your Blue Fin to the OBD port and flash or reprogram ECU well that's just been logged.

Bye ByeWarranty. Hello Credit Card.

lol this is what im worried about

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any update on this? Is the bluefin worth the money?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Without diversifying into warranty issues, if you want to discuss that issue start a thread as per forum rules.

REMOVED BECAUSE OF MORONS DISRUPTING THREAD
Edited by: MrMokka

·
Registered
264 Posts
Harper31 said:
What about the warranty issues with fitting a remap.

All warranty is void so u might as well not bother going to your dealer saying this is broke as u wont have a warranty. And any one who says that you still have one is living in dream world that is why all ecu`s in vx cars now are plug and play.
I.E they just pull out now and plug into vx servers and download all your data and can tell right away if it has had a remap. Thorney Motorsport used to do all this for VX till he got found out he was not telling the truth with some ECU and VX was paying out thousands for work on remmaped cars.

SO REMAP AT YOUR OWN RISK.

My Missus was offered a free scorpion exhaust for development on her GTC but declined as it would invalidate her warrenty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts