Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Would it be an idea to state a place and time, preferably with a topic I.e. a steam rally/race day etc and then see if anyone else I'd interested?

That way if it's a blow out you can still go into the race/rally etc so as not to be a waste a day.

That's the reason at asked i the VXR days are still going.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would anyone be interested in a day out / meet at Caldwell Park (nr Louth , Linc's ) on 19/11/17 for the North Humberside stage rally and Fireworks (info and entry prices etc on Caldwell Park website ) , just thought that could be a way of getting to meet up with a few members and if it's successful we could take it from there ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's a fantastic location and a superb track, love the mountain!

I for one won't be able to make it, but I would advise anyone close by to give it a whirl.

Good luck to all those that go, I am sure you will have a great day.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Although I’m not sure why the people behind the forum called it a club, it might be the same Americans behind lots of forum take overs years ago to make money from advertising we all see.
I’ve never seen any meets organised or even a stand at the popular VBOA which actual clubs attend. For me to get my car on the Vectra C stand I have to take my club card with me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dog-Book,,,,, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, AT ALL ???????

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hang on DSM a car club in my book is one that has a annual membership fee, organised meets region by region, books club stands at shows etc, etc -- Dog_Book is correct in what he says

·
Registered
689 Posts
@Bro-Leo,, i was not disputing what it said,, obvious i thought

I was referring to putting a post like that, instead of a welcome, for a new member
and it being their first post, not very welcoming, "No Tact", it should have been a new
post,, or in the "relevant section", don't jump to the wrong conclusions

·
Super Moderator
8,887 Posts
I did try a gentle prod at post 7 with an added link. So, the Forum/Club posts will shortly be moved there.

·
Registered
406 Posts
@Bro-Leo,, i was not disputing what it said,, obvious i thought

I was referring to putting a post like that, instead of a welcome, for a new member
and it being their first post, not very welcoming, "No Tact", it should have been a new
post,, or in the "relevant section", don't jump to the wrong conclusions

I was at work on my phone, i thought i had created a new post but as it refreshed must have gone back a page or sumat. Who knows this forum is a little odd sometimes on a mobile.

·
Super Moderator
8,887 Posts
Posts 24-31 have been moved from Newbies Thread.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Forgot I posted this topic

Looks like it never took off, to me if it was a club there would have been events from when the Mokka's were first sold.

Oh well just saying, everytime i read the word club and Mokka it annoys me as there isnt such a club just a forum. I think the owners did it to make it sound more appealing and get better figures for advertising.

This forum got took over years ago hence all the adverts you can now see, if you find any of mine from back in the day it was before the takeover. Many many complaints can be found once they had and started putting ads in and also messing about with it after they bought it of the original owner Seth i think it was.

If you notice, there are a few other car's forums all called *****ownersclub so its something they set up to make money on.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah, years ago I was a member of the Vauxhall Sports car Club which was for the "sportier" Vauxhall cars such as the Astra GSI's - Vectra's - Cav's and the list goes on --- this club was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and we attended shows all over the UK it was fantastic -- the VSCC morphed into the Vauxhall Drivers Club including Vxronline -- I was also a member of Vectra C which was good fun and good banter -- when over to the dark side for a few years and joined Club GTI the VW Golf club and again travelled the country to attend shows -- so it appears that this mokka owners club if just a forum and will never develop into a all out "car" club -- from reading all the different posts on the Regional meets subject it would appear at this stage that Dog_Book and myself may be the only two who have had a vast experience of the car club world out there, but I will stand corrected if others on this forum have in the past been members of clubs or still are

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are not on your own, !!! but THE WORLD HAS CHANGED, it's not like it
used to be in our generation years ago,

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are not on your own, but THE WORLD HAS CHANGED, today's world
is not like it used to be in our time,

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Car clubs with enthusiastic members always book club stands at shows and that will never change it's written in stone -- would suggest that not many members on here have or would travel to car shows and make a weekend of it, all good fun --- I've got friends all over the country through attending shows and long may it go on -- yes times do change but online forums are not for everyone there is nothing like the real thing going to shows -- so like said before no member on here is interested in meets, or setting up regions or organisers for regions -- everybody to their own views and what they want to do -- it's just in my blood to get involved and me and the wife love our summer weekends away

21 - 37 of 37 Posts