Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a query - having recently joined the club and having over the years been a member of various Vauxhall clubs who on a regular basis organised regular monthly meetings region by region, but to the best of my knowledge this does not happen within the Mokka club, I will stand corrected but why not ?. What could be better than like minded owners meeting up for a chat and discussion about there mokka's -- what do you think ? a good idea or not -- dicuss

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm up for a meet. LOL. Let's meet at the beach.

On a more serious note, that would be fun for local Mokka owners to get together over takeaway coffee, chat, and make new friends. Edited by: kimona

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't seem much interest does there in my suggestion of organised regional meet ups -- the other Vauxhall clubs do it and have organised trips to shows, but it makes me wonder if there are any enthusiastic members on here or not--- a well was worth a try so I won't bother again

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
A lot of clubs, especially hot hatch clubs are frequented by the young, quite a few Mokka owners, possibly the majority, are no longer spring chickens.

Edited by: MokkTheWeek

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd be up for a meeting in the north-west.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATTENTION -- ATTENTION --- I live in the Preston/Chorley Lancashire area with postcode PR would there be any other mokka owners in the area who would fancy a get together one Sunday afternoon for a matter about all things mokka. Meeting place could be a pub car or cafe or any suggestions would be helpful to the location -- it's a chance to put faces to names

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would love to join kimono on the beach.

Before I leave has anyone on here any ideas of the wading depth of a Mokka? Will it be OK to cross the Atlantic with it?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys if no interest forget about any sort of meets can do without stupid comments when trying to move things along - get a life

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been on the L200 forums and OCs for a good few years.You normally get this with clubs, people are busy and wont travel.
I used to travel for meets, but can't really be A**ed anymore.
Main reason being i now deliver new Vauxhalls all over the UK 5 days a week. 2000 - 2200 miles every week. The last thing i want to do at weekend is drive.
Hope a few more take you up on your kind offer of organising meets, it's a thankless job.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
This has been suggested before and never got anywhere. As Welliinever always says do a search first. It'll potentially save a lot of time and effort. I personally quite like some humour as long as it's not offensive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As you deliver new vauxhalls would loce to get your view in the different models - or is it transporter loads

·
Registered
118 Posts
Most of mine are delivered on the truck, a single car transporter.We do get to drive them to customers sites / homes but that depends on mileage as most leasing companies have a 100 mile limit.
We have all models in our PDI centre from the Viva - Insignia, (No Antara's)
My truck will carry anything from a Viva - Astra Tourer.
Our other truck carries Insignia's & Zafira's, we also do vans & trucks.

Edited by: Nick

·
Registered
113 Posts
Brother Leo said:
Ok guys if no interest forget about any sort of meets can do without stupid comments when trying to move things along - get a life
Oops, so sorry I didn't realise you don't engage the fun part of your brain at the weekend.

Good luck with the meets, they should be a blast.......

·
Registered
600 Posts
Regional or district meets would be an ideal start . As the network grows , larger events could be on the cards . Getting two owners together from here would be a start .Two things go against the Mokka though . First , it is not a modder's car like say the Corsa . Secondly , Despite being five years old , as a model , it has not reached classic or cult status . When the next generation Mokka is launched or its replacement or whatever , that will be a time that we see more desire for meets , but I genuinely hope that a few owners get together for a processional ride somewhere , then chat over a thermos and bacon cob .

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can get 3 owners by driving 100 M in either direction -and soon to be a 4th

Wont need manh more for a meet :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
That should read many more - this new phone is a tad temperamental with my typinh

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would be up for a few meets , nth Linc's , Lincolnshire area , possibly something like the steam rally at linc showground next year and a few cafe meets in between if anyone is interested ?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad to see positive response regarding meets - anyone out there in the Preston Lancashire area would like to post your views

1 - 20 of 37 Posts