Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings ! For the past nearly two years , I have happily enjoyed the ownership of a Mitsubishi ASX , and the good companionship of those that frequented the forum . Having today placed an order for a Mokka in Arctic White on SE trim , for June delivery , I am hoping that I can enjoy this forum as I have previously with the ASX , and become educated in all things Mokka prior to delivery .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Number Six. I looked seriously at the ASX before deciding onthe Mokka - what's made you switch?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The service intervals are 9k , so we end up with three a year . Also warranty period is only three years , and I this a bit heavy on the tyres . But mechanically has been fine , and a very able family car for our Euro hols . Very entertaining engine . The Mokka should save us around £80 a month on fuel, VED , insurance and possibly more if servicing is factored in . Was considering the Trax, but no heated seats available as yet .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Number Six said:
Greetings ! For the past nearly two years , I have happily enjoyed the ownership of a Mitsubishi ASX , and the good companionship of those that frequented the forum . Having today placed an order for a Mokka in Arctic White on SE trim , for June delivery , I am hoping that I can enjoy this forum as I have previously with the ASX , and become educated in all things Mokka prior to delivery .
I am sure you will findlots ofuseful information on this forum. Could I point you towards some of the posts regarding delivery delays. Your June date does seem a bit optimistic if you are placing a new factory order.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was lucky enough to use the dealer's existing remaining slot to change it for June . However , the course of true love never did run smooth .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Number Six said:
I was lucky enough to use the dealer's existing remaining slot to change it for June . However , the course of true love never did run smooth .
Nice one. Well done.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome
. I too looked carefully at the ASX three cars ago but went for a Qashqai followed by a SEAT Altea "Freetrack" and now my current iX35. I did like the engine on the ASX but just found the whole thing too bland.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah ! The Freetrack. I rather fancied that when it came out . Probably ahead of the game . Nearly bought the IX35 , but couldn't quite get a deal that suited .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hi Number Six, I notice you're from Nottinghamshire - who's your dealer and how was the experience?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have done the grand tour of Evans Halshaw , Pentagon , Walkers and Perrys . Eventual we settled upon Aston Vauxhall, which was probably the best dealer experience I ever had . I should also like to thank Daniel at Evans Halshaw , and Phil at Pentagon Mansfield for their helpfulness and courtesy .

I was left talking over the phone with the Dealership owner at Aston , Brian, the previous day , and he was able to offer a better trade in and a June build slot . I didn't get the I'll just have a word with the finance director pantomime, just a very relaxed and open working out of finance with Peter , our salesman .

The worst experience was at Pentagon Nottingham , no attempt to build rapport , just sorry , we don't have , and continued to watch the rugby .

·
Registered
163 Posts
hi number six, and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Aston is in Melton? Sounds good. When I was buying the Tigra I had an offer on the table from Evans Halshaw at Lenton, since I'd had a lot of experience with Pentagon Daybrook I gave them a chance at meeting it and put it all in an email to them. I got a phone call from a salesman wanting me to come in and have a chat and not discuss it over the phone. I went in, he had contacted Evans Halshaw to confirm I was getting what I was saying (no trust?), I again told him what I wanted and told him any colour except silver, he went away for an age an offered me for the dealer demonstrator Tigra, for a higher price and it was silver......

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes , Aston in Melton , still with vehicles in stock !! Yes , the problem with a chain of dealerships is that they can be under pressure to sell , sell , sell . The only downside with Evans Halshaw experience was that there appeared to be an agenda to sell the demo , which was a 1.6 SE with Nav , admittedly for a good price , but 25k+ miles pa doesn't warrant that vehicle . Independents may not necessarily be the very lowest price , but can offer a competitive deal and service . So , if any one is in the Notts , Leics , Lincs triangle , I would certainly advise speaking to Aston ( though not the web chat -you will crumble in to dust before you yield a response ! ) .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah I could say plenty of things about Evans Halshaw as well (and don't ask AlyG what she thinks of them
), I guess a lot is about first impressions and personal experiences. Glad to hear you got what you were after from there, hope it's not too bad a trek.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A very nice drive through the Wolds , which should be better come June .

The true test of any dealer is how they deal with problems , hopefully treating you like a person and not some sales target.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts