the wiper arm. But the blade is slightly longer than the factory fit
blade so the plastic wiper cover does not fit back on. I ended up
purchasing the Vauxhall blade at 50% more expensive. Halfords
refunded me my money, but that was a wasted hour of my life I will
never get back..................

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, i too found this out the hard way on the weekend. I ended up trimming the bosch H251 down with a hacksaw to fit. I did see some 9" wiper blades on ebay which should be a better fit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there,
I am about to replace my Mokka 1.7 cdti 2013 rear wiper blade,

Could someone please advise the correct way to remove it has I don't want to break anything !
Thanks in advance,
Mokkaboy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First the disclaimer. I will not be held responsible in any way for any damage caused by following the instructions below. You follow the instructions below at your own risk.

1. The plastic shroud just lifts off. Just give it a good pull straight up. I saw a YouTube video (OK - That was for the Buick Encore variant of the Mokka) that said "wiggle it". I found pulling straight up was fine, but I found it was easier if you just pull away the shroud at the bottom where it attached to the wiper motor spigot. When pulling hold the shoud on the right hand side as it clips to the wiper motor spigot. Once free of the spigot you need to then slide it to the left to free it from the wiper arm.

2. Once the shroud is off there is an obvious tab that you can pull or push. As I posted above, the manual says "Press the slider holder pin". I took "press" to mean push it away from you. When in fact you pull it towards you. Once you do that the wiper assemby just comes away.

Edited by: Royal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,
Many thanks, will try later !
Just bought a Bosch 251 (one with metal frame) from Halfords. Turn plastic adapter around on blade before fitting and trim cover fits perfectly over blade with nothing exposed at end of cover. £8 at Halfords, cheaper on Amazon with free screen wash and delivery but needed to do it today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts