Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just collected my carbon flash 1.6Se Mokka today. I have to say first impressions of the car are extremely good.

However, the dealership has made a mistake and not added the rear view camera which I asked for at the time of order. Does anyone know if they will be able to add it now that the car has been built or would it have to have been done at the time of manufacture?

I hope it can still be added as it is a very useful tool and I would prefer to have it as opposed to not.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Its think its going to have to be an aftermarket job.

I hope they are making amends with the mistake theyve made. I would be furious

I hope I'm wrong and they can do it for you FOC Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ixasio.

I have to say I am fearing the worst that they won't be able to add it now. I have already paid for the camera so they would obviously have to refund that but to be honest I don't feel that that is an acceptable compensation.

I should find out tomorrow so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cross everythingband let us know.

There is a contact direct with Vauxhall if you need it and so far he has been quite helpful.

·
Registered
817 Posts
In fact im waiting for mine to arrive in 2/3 weeks.

Why dont you ask if they have one with your spec that hasnt got anyones name on it.

Its their mistake and should take the hit. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
505 Posts
It can be added as long as you have the reversing sensors and also the nav600.

It's not as easy as plug and play tho. They first have to send off a snap shot off your cars on board computer and get permission off GM. In return they will send correct program etc if they think its going to work.

To fit OEM products is no longer as easy as it was.

However as its not what you have ordered I think you can refuse it or they will have to fit one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already collected my car and to be honest apart from the camera I am very happy with it. I purchased it from an internet company who in turn ordered it from a dealership. Not sure who is at fault between the two but it appears to be the dealership

I will hopefully find out tomorrow what they are going to do about it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Keep us all posted. I just hope they havent forgotten any if my options

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Fatman,

I have the Se which has the parking sensors and I also upgraded to the satnav so from what you are saying it should be possible.

I'm not keen on them ripping out things etc just to get it installed as I would be scared they would cause more damage than any gain I would get.

Unsure what to do for the best.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was happily wrong, thats great news from Fatman

·
Registered
47 Posts
All Mokka's come with front and rear sensors.

You have a contract with who ever to supply you with the correct specification of goods. So technically they have broke the contact of sale (sales of goods act). You have every right to refuse the car, or who ever has to put right the problem to a satisfactory standard for you. All at their cost.

They should also compensate you for your loss, for the time taken to put right the problems.

Edited by: munster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Basically I have been told that they are unable to add the Vauxhall rear view camera retrospectively as it would have needed to be done during the manufacturing process.

They are being less than helpful in trying to get a proper resolution to my satisfaction. Their best offer is to offer to fit an independent rear view camera instead. This involves clipping a screen over my rear view mirror which comes on when you engage reverse gear. I have also been told that it would mean a couple of inches of wiring being exposed which I am not too keen about.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the product they are offering me and if it is a satisfactory replacement? The link is below.

https://www.c-ko.co.uk/products/?c=2&p=CKO7MMCMD280

They are not going to offer me any compensation for their error and instead are merely offering the above option or my money back for the camera. I have threatened to reject the car but they are not budging.

Would be very interested to hear any thoughts or suggestions if you were in the same situation.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think I would be checking whether I had legal protection with any of my insurance products or with my union if I was working and belonged to one and would then be taking legal advice. If I had none of the above I would be contacting a solicitor (you get an initial consultation for free with man of them) with a view to find out exactly where I stood with regards to the dealer/manufacturers error. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
63 Posts
As Fatman has said previously, Theoretically it should be possible for them to install it and hook it up to the screen via the head unit. But these days a lot of Vauxhall dealers are very lazy when it comes to doing stuff like this. It would need them to order the camera and wiring and then getting them to get a vci code from Opel in Germany. People on other Vauxhall forums have retro fitted a number of things which dealers have said are impossible but then managed to work after a lot of badgering of them to get the code of GM.

As for the after market version they are offering I personally wouldn't take it as having used ones like that in works vans and lorries they just aren't the same and technically you have everything bar the camera already.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have to say on a personal note I would be furious, I would be refusing to accept the car full stop. They took your order and money in good faith and in my opinion have a duty to supply the item you ordered. Failure to do so is a full refund of entire product. I hate seeing folk ripped off.

·
Super Moderator
10,336 Posts
As the last update was 24 May 2013 I guess the outcome will remain unknown.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best place for dealer retro fitting is Denmark because Danes have most "factory options" fitted by the dealer after delivery because as part of the supplied car from the factory they pay 180% Tax +VAT on the option, as a dealer fit its just the VAT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
£319 Try these guys on Ebay based in Wolverhampton

eBay item number:273685273641

Reverse Camera Add-On Interface & Universal CMOS III Colour Rear View Camera with Night Vision and Fixed Guidelines

Connect a rear camera or watch any video source on your factory fitted Vauxhall/Opel Corsa Screen.

The new Xcarlink Vauxhall/Opel Corsa Multimedia interface allows you to integrate a rear view camera or external video source to the original factory fitted screen. It providers two video inputs for connecting any video source such as Smartphone mirroring, DVD, Digital TV etc and also provides a dedicated rear camera input which will automatically switch to the rear camera when the reverse gear is engaged.

Features

Two video inputs (No Audio)
Rear view camera input - automatic switching when in reverse gear
Video in motion - for connected video sources
Switch between OEM display and AV inputs using the original vehicle controls.
RCA video output for rear seat entertainment
The kit includes the following:

Universal Night Vision Reverse Camera with Fixed Guidelines
Multimedia Main interface
Power and LVDS connection to the monitor
Power Harness
Rear view camera connection
AV cables
Toggle switch
User Manual
Installation Tip

Installation involves removing the factory screen and connecting the interface via a ribbon cable. Power and data is provided via the included harness.

Please Note:

This interface is designed for video. Audio is provided by connecting the interface directly to your Aux Input in the vehicle.

And then use a OE looking camera £29.99
eBay item number:292424732295

·
Registered
33 Posts
It can be added even without reversing sensors to follow navi's 600/900 650/950.

The issue with the interface @w0z26 shared is they can cause interference with other systems within the car & it's quite expensive for what it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts