Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Rear Seatbelt Warning Fault

30K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Billybigears 
#1 ·
My 14 plate Mokka has starting to throw up the rear seat belt warning with the symbols and beeps randomly after the self test and whilst driving even though there is no one in the rear seats. I have had a look at the buckles and sensor wiring under the rear seats and there is nothing obvilously wrong. Its booked into the dealers for tuesday and i managed to get a photo of it misbehaving this morning to help their diagnostics. Has nayone else had this problem? And out of interest from my photo below, the right hand seatbelt symbol flashes, which rear seat does this correspond to, behind driver or passenger?
Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
For anyone interested didint have much success with the VX dealer so sorted it myself. Problem cured by replacing rear seat belt buckles. It seems GM revised the design of the rear buckles in 2015 as they were getting caught and damaged by the isofix and rear seat fold. There is a bulletin and recall for the Buick Encore and Chevvy Trax in the US/Canada but nothing for VX/Opel where they just changed the design and forgot earlier ones. If anyone wants a pointer to the bulletin let me know.

#4 ·
Any ideas why this 'warning' message appears every time I turn the car on??
I do have a dog harness plugged into the middle rear seatbelt socket, is that it because it senses the seatbelt is engaged but there's no weight on the seat? And why is that a problem I need to be warned about, I know plenty of people who have their rear belts plugged in all the time?

Even better, is there a way to stop it popping up??

#5 ·
Comes up every time on mine. Light each light will turn to an empty square if it's relevant belt is plugged in. They disappear once on the move and will come back on with an attention tone if someone in the back undoes their belt when the car is moving.

#8 ·
I won't mind so much if it just popped up then went after a few seconds, like most of the other warnings but it stays on the screen for a good 30 seconds - 1 minute, I think the speedo info is slightly more important to know!

(And yes I know there's a speedo dial as well but I have to force myself to look at it because of the off-set positioning)

#10 ·
same here in my Elite Nav which is just a few weeks old. After setting off the three belts light up and audible warning starts. Pressing stalk button clears the the three belt sign but not the audible warning which goes on and on until I am almost stopped. Speed up and it's back. Only solution is too stop, switch off ignition and on restart all is ok. Not helpful if your on a busy motorway. Any new ideas anyone.

#13 ·
Hi I’m having problems with my 2018 mokka x, it’s an ecotec elite. Like previous complaints the rear seatbelt warning comes up randomly- beeping and visual warning, visual warning can be removed but pressing left hand stalk button but the beeping remains. It has been back to the dealer twice, the first time they did nothing as they couldn’t find the fault. Second time they changed the plug- I wasn’t told if it was all of them, but this also did not sort the problem. Any ideas? It’s driving me mad!

#15 ·
When the seatbelts are plugged in- still when no one is in them the beeping doesn’t happen. Which in theory is fine I could drive with the plugged in.... but do feel like the issue should be sorted.

But when they aren’t plugged in it goes if randomly indicating someone is in the back and not wearing a seatbelt. The only way to stop the noise is to turn the car off. You can see in the picture I’ve attached, this is when stationary, when driving this becomes a warning that fills the screen and the noise starts

Attachments

#16 ·
My 14 plate Mokka has starting to throw up the rear seat belt warning with the symbols and beeps randomly after the self test and whilst driving even though there is no one in the rear seats. I have had a look at the buckles and sensor wiring under the rear seats and there is nothing obvilously wrong. Its booked into the dealers for tuesday and i managed to get a photo of it misbehaving this morning to help their diagnostics. Has nayone else had this problem? And out of interest from my photo below, the right hand seatbelt symbol flashes, which rear seat does this correspond to, behind driver or passenger?
Thanks

#17 ·
hi my daughter had the same fault after having the buckles changed for the 3rd time . I contacted Vauxhall who said they had not heard of this fault even though there plenty having the same issue. They suggested putting it in to the local garaged to check software. this was £99 for the scan this showed that there was 3 errors and cost another £99 to get the software updated. this seems to have cleared the problem. Hope this helps

#19 ·
I've got a Mokka X (18 plate) and I'm also having trouble with this rear seat belt alarm. However, there is a crazy element to my particular problem. My wife needs weekly or twice weekly trips to our local hospital (Medway Msritime Hospital) for her treatment. The seat belt problem only ever happens when I start the car on the hospital site or on an adjacent road and drive away. Never happens anywhere else. The only way to stop it, like others here, is to restart the car when I'm away from the site. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.