Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On start up I get a warning of three little red folk with seat belts on, it takes up all the information display. It can be cancelled by turning the trip computer knob.
Has anybody else had / got this?
Is this the seat belt fault that should have been fixed at PDI?

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine does this and they each go out when someone uses the belt... Its not a fault they do go out when connected :).... Its better this way as you know the belts in....

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes they turn off after you move...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Picked my Mokka up today and thats the very first thing I noticed too; the lights do go out after a short time tho.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,
i just saw on German flea bay, the sale of a dummy seat belt ... now in principle that it not very new and interesting ... part of thetext that came with it kinda was tho ...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Anti-Gurtwarner-Gurtalarm-Opel-Adam-Agila-Mokka-Meriva-Zafira-Antara-Ampera-/280940476854?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item41695b79b6<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

"Sein Hauptnutzen liegt darin, den lÃstigen Anschnall-Alarmton zu unterdrücken, Wenn dieser nicht erwünscht wird. Der Alarm ist GrundsÃtzlich eine sinnvolle Idee und sollte ursprünglich der Sicherheit dienen. Jedoch reicht bereits bei vielen PKW-Modellen das Gewicht einer Flasche Mineralwasser auf dem Beifahrer- oder Rücksitz aus, um den Alarm auszulösen. Kurzstreckenfahrer sind teilweise von der Gurtpflicht befreit.... Es gibt viele Gründe...."

According to this it claims that even a small bottle of water or anything else placed on the passenger or back seats, will set of the seat belt alarm ... a winter coat or gloves could do the trick at this time of the year ...

Can anyone who had issues, confirm if their seats were full empty? Or maybe something might have triggered the alarm?

And IF there is a weight trigger ... there can be a fault somewhere at any time ... maybe even by lowering the seats down and putting them back up again ... wires should be properly secured ... but wouldn't be the first time ... food for thought ...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Maybe you could try leaving the seat belts in the backdone up like they would be if someone was sat there. But then you would never know there is a faultif they are always done up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just to confirm mine does not have this error as in picture. Mine has the small seat belt pictures on display...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vauxhall customer services tells me it should not be showing that warning, it goes in Wednesday, VCS have been in touch with my dealer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Blum
Do you have any update on what happened when yours went in for the seat belt fix?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
phill6163 said:
On seat belts whats the best way to extend the seatbelts as i find the seat belt socket to be very short for the seat belt.
Do you mean you find it hard to reach the socket or the seat belts aren't long enough?

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
506 Posts
I suppose the only problem, although some might see it as an advantage, is that the seat belt warning buzzer will be silenced

1 - 20 of 52 Posts