Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am going to go and order my car at 2 pm today. I reviewed the extras again and thought that the rear camera was only £200, I will probably get a little off it I added it in but wondered if it was worth having as the car already has sensors, everyone's thoughts would be appreciated and if you have it already on any of your cars that you are lucky enough to have received? Where would it really come in useful?

Cheers all

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gmcl01, yes sorry i should have said ordering:

Mokka SE 1.7 cdti auto, snowflake with navi 600.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
gmcl01 is correct you will need the Sat Nav for the colour screen and connections the rear cam uses. Those that went for the rear cameras have said they find them useful. Speaking from experience rear sensors are all well and good but they're useless if the object is low down underneath their range and the Mokka's sensors will be higher than a regular hatchback. Also since the Mokka is raised the camera will allow you to see below where the the rear window stops.
I liked the 360 view of the Qashqai which was very smart but unfortunately it doesn't have the sensors so you never knew with the slightly wide angled lense how close you actually were.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've been using rear cameras on my merc ambulances for ages and really help us fit in those tight spots when we don't just dump it in the middle of the road. So much so that one of my colleagues was reversing and we could see some one sat in the car behind panicking because we had parked with ease but could reverse safely within an inch of their car. They thought we would crash but parking those 5 ton taxis does take practice to get it so close.
I'm hoping the mokka is very similar as it makes life very easy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have a rear view camera on my current Qashqai. I dont like reversing cars without one now. So that was a mist when i ordered my Mokka

1 - 6 of 6 Posts