Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is anyone else finding that the ride quality poor, by this I mean choppy and bouncy? I'm finding I notice a lot more potholes and 'hollows' in the road surface tha the car reacts badly too. Really bad when the car has 4 people in it and the ride even gets comments from the passengers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Compared to my old abarth its like a Bentley... so not here..

·
Registered
156 Posts
All good with mine much similar to my Vectra SRI I part exchanged.
Have you been reading too many of those poor reviews regards the Mokka ride ?
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
This before your gear box just sheered off I take it? Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last car was a VW Tiguan and the car seems a whole lot more plush than this, I have read that the suspension set up was changed for the UK cars and mine is one of the first I ever saw on the roads so just wondering if this has 'slipped through the net' some how?
My passengers commenting on the ride quality has made me think there is a problem not from reading any articles

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ade6873

Looks like you have a one off, on here there are many comments about how good the ride is

·
Registered
315 Posts
I tow a boat with mine and carry 2 mountainbikeson the back. Other cars I have had bounced a bit when towing the boat but thisisn'ttoo bad.

Saying that Idon'treally carry people in the back so no feedback there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ade6873 said:
Hi
Is anyone else finding that the ride quality poor, by this I mean choppy and bouncy? I'm finding I notice a lot more potholes and 'hollows' in the road surface tha the car reacts badly too. Really bad when the car has 4 people in it and the ride even gets comments from the passengers.
I would have to agree. I am used to owning smaller cars, so this is my first ownership of a 'larger' car. I also find the suspension very soft and bouncy. I just put it down to the characteristics of this type of vehicle. Okay on motorway but a bit of a pain on the crappy country roads round where I live. Wife gets seasick.
If I were a chav I would do some suspension mods and slam it lower to the ground.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welfan

What model do you have, what you experience is not what i ave found on my local roads even with 4 up

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not as refined as the insignia i had but apart from that very good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I first took my Mokka home I thought it was a little bouncy/floaty on the roads. However having just clocked over 2000 miles the ride seems to have settled quite nicely and drives smoothly now, you may he experiencing the same thing. I'm more than happy with the drive now

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ade6873

Looks like a return to the dealer or a trade in

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was reading a Mokka review in the Independent from about Decemberish last night . One interesting aside was a report that some vehicles with the Euro tuned ride had made it through to the UK . Must stress that this was more of an unconfirmed story than gospel . Most reviews refers to the Mokka as being floaty over crests .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I can agree, the ride can be bouncy at times, also We have used it this weekend to pull our touring caravan to the cotswolds for the first time and it pulled it no problem, no strain, but the car was swaying side to side and that was doing 50mph and less at times. My back passenger ended up lying across the back seat last week as I went round a bend,wasn'teven going fast.Going to take it in to be checked, best to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yep, ours is bouncy on A roads and sways all over the motorway, booked in to dealers on Monday morning. We also have bad wind noise on the front windows. the parking assist doesn't always work and we get a horrible vibration on the gear stick area in fourth gear at about 35 MPH, doesn't happen in other gears at any speed so isn't wheel balancing problem..

Not happy at all. I think we have bought a lemon... see what dealer can do, then off to VX customer service for refund i think. You don't pay this amount on a new car to have all these problems..

Amokka

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hope that the problems are sorted for you, they are quite unacceptable

1 - 20 of 44 Posts