Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that when i park up and turn the radio off i'm switching off tuned to either Planet Rock or Absolute 80's (DAB) except when i get back in the motor and switch the radio on it's tuned to Talk Sport (no idea if it's DAB or FM as not looked). Now, i'm abhorrent of all sport so don't have this station saved as a favourite... has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not got a Mokka to try this on but the FM mirror/radio in our bathroom does the same thing - v disturbing first thing in the morning to have Kiss FM blaring out instead of Radio 4!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you using both keys? You do know the radio stations and other things are saved to the key as favs, so if I pick up wife's key by mistake I get her crappy stations set

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is there an option that tells the radio to retune to key setting / keep current station?
Is someone just changing the station to annoy you.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Could you be pressing the button on the right of steering wheel in. This changes fm am dab etc? And why are you turning radio off when parking? It just turns off with ignition? Maybe you have out the desired radio station on and not saved it as fav and when you restart car it's going to your favourites? I know you haven't set favourites but there will be preset ones anyway.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definateley not pressing the selection button on the steering wheel. I turn the radio off as i don't always want it on when i start the car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think talk sport (is there any actual sport on it?) is only a dab and mw station so possibly a DAB issue. When you turn the radio back on have you moved from where you last turned it off? If so maybe you've moved out of the DAB transmitter area onto a different one and have defaulted onto the first station on the multiplex. Two experiments for you. 1) don't turn the radio off just pull the key and see what happens when you get back in and turn the engine on. 2) before switching off the radio choose a national digital station like BBC 6 music or BFBS and then see what happens next time you turn on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
DAB is a funny thing because receivers like to find the strongest signal to lock on to when it switches on from cold, particularly if the last station you were listening to wasn't the strongest signal (it'll hold on for dear life when you're listening to it, but quite different when your receiver loses power).

My home DAB radio does it - I live in a crap area for DAB signal and in order to listen to my local station I have to tune in to a national BBC station, let the radio find it and settle, then tune across. It's like the digital version of the old valves needing to warm up!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I much prefer my steam powered radio. Stoke it up at night & it stays in till the morning. Only downside it looks like you are doing a permanent DPF purge when you aredriving along.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is, after all, the lowest form of wit.
(so they say)
Who are 'they' anyway, what gives them the right to judge?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.