Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My radio reception has gone to pot on my last drive and all the stations have gone fuzzy. I've managed to get a few DAB stations to work (I'm in London) but apart from that the FM stations are all fuzzy. I might do a radio reset unless anybody has any bright ideas. Additionally I guess I should check that the radio antenna is still nice and tight and hasn't become loose (possibly the most obvious check).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not had any problem at all with my radio, I would check with the service dept, these units are so fickle nowadays

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Andy

Just on my way out so will try it and report back a bit later.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I wouldn't even try and get to the back of the radio, service dept job

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Radio reception was also very very poor, last week the Radio wouldn't let me even look for stations (Radio locked up completely).

Dealers attempted to blame the fact there were telephone masts around!!!!

Got it booked in this Thursday, Radio & Gearbox warning light coming on!!

Oh happy days :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear that Quiggers

After my post earlier I removed my antenna and screwed it back in. I don't think this made any difference but then I realised all of my preset stations had been wiped. Whether this was why I had the problem yesterday I'm not sure of but I'm pretty annoyed all my stations magically disappeared. I'll just programme them back in and hope they don't do the same thing again. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
142 Posts
churchill said:
Sorry to hear that Quiggers

After my post earlier I removed my antenna and screwed it back in. I don't think this made any difference but then I realised all of my preset stations had been wiped. Whether this was why I had the problem yesterday I'm not sure of but I'm pretty annoyed all my stations magically disappeared. I'll just programme them back in and hope they don't do the same thing again. Thanks for your responses.
Is radio station info stored depending on the key? If so, maybe you used the other key which is why the stations disappeared?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chris. This could well be what I did with the changing of the keys. I'll test it tomorrow and post a reply. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Is it just the London multiplex or the beeb and national ones as well? I've got the Navi 600 and sometimes it goes a bit nuts and suddenly says searching 1742something MHz and just stays like that even if I try to switch stations. To free it up I have to use the source selection before it will tune back in.

·
Registered
633 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Is it just the London multiplex or the beeb and national ones as well? I've got the Navi 600 and sometimes it goes a bit nuts and suddenly says searching 1742something MHz and just stays like that even if I try to switch stations. To free it up I have to use the source selection before it will tune back in.
+1. Just outside Greater London area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts