Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid the deposit for my car 31/12/12 and was originally told first two weeks in March for delivery. I have been trying to get a firm date out of the dealer since early January with many avoidance techniques employed. Just got the news today that it could be any time up to September before I get my hands on the car though "you never know could be earlier" as his best line. I basically asked his manager to call me tomorrow to see about any deals and his reply was that he would have to re-evaluate my car
. My response to this include the good old Scots word scunnered and I asked what the cancellation process was and his manager will confirm this tomorrow.

My quandary is that I have now become attached to this car and don't want to go elsewhere but customer service seems to have missed car salesmen and some of the tactics employed make my blood boil.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated before I do something I will regret.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Do what I have done. Contact VCS and own a complaint case.They will then contact the dealer
On your behalf to chase them up on a weekly basis. Ask them to leave the case open and for them
contact you with updates.

I got a phone call from them each Monday snd told me I'm at
Event 25 and now 'aligning' my order,whatever that means.

This will also document everything so that if you decide to renegotiate its all there in black and white

·
Registered
572 Posts
This is appallingly bad service and I can totally understand why you are disgusted. First off I can only assume the delay is because they didn't place the order straight away and then hit the "if it isn't at Event Code 25 by 6 January" there are 6 month delays announcement (I've posted about this in previous threads)
My advice would be to escalate this to the Executive Team at Vauxhall Customer Services. I spoke to a guy called Justin Woodcraft who chased up the Dealership when I was unhappy and got something done. Given they signed the order and took your money in good faith and, I'm assuming it was a deal that included a part exchange I don't think they should go back on their deal when the delay is through no fault of your own. Vauxhalls quoted times are between 12-16 weeks in ordinary factory build situations so to ask you to wait 9 months just doesn't sound right - my guess is you are missing a piece of the jigsaw. Are you tracking it on the trackmyvauxhall website?

Try also to get out of them what event code the order is at.

FYI

20 Order Received
21 Order Processed
25 Order Aligned for build
32 Order Released
33 Scheduled for build (I think this is when you get the first tick on the trackmyvauxhall)
35 Body set up
38 Built
40 Passed to Sales
44 Shipped
48 Handed to Transporter

If it were me I would refuse to speak to anyone at the Dealership other than the Dealer Principal and someone on the Executive Team at Vauxhall Customer Services. They won't want to put you through here (they didn't with me) but if you insist and refuse to take no for an answer they will eventually.

Hope that helps....and keep us posted..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to keep emotion out of my dealings with them and may go down this route. I look back to December when I had the chance of a silver 1.4T with flex fit but placed an order to get Satin Steel. doh!

The dealer in question here is Arnold Clark Linwood just in case they read these forums.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not sure what to say other than Arnold Clark well and truly sucks. What a bunch of cowboys, they promise you the earth until they get the order. Thereafter they could not give a f..k.I also live in Central Scotland and there does appear to be a very healthy supply of Mokka models in most dealerships. Looks like you have a very specific order though. However, it might be worth e-mailing and/or phoning around and see what is available in stock elsewhere, I mean actually in stock, not some bull from a salesman who just wants you in the showroom.
If you have paid a deposit on your order, I would not worry about cancelling as you will get a full refund. I have never had any bother getting a refund on a cancellation. Bought so many cars from Arnold it is like a lottery when you go to collect them. I could write a book.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: just bought a 1.4T SE in White + spare and not from Arnold. Cancelled my order as there is only a bottom line and no real support. I was given some insight into the tactics employed by them and decided to go elsewhere. Paying a little more but getting the car on Friday

·
Registered
584 Posts
From my understanding Vauxhalls have the dealer by the throat, they have a lot of power and in the rud have to do what they are told. Get onto Vauxhalls Customer dept and play hell. Lay it on thick, something will happen. Also give the dealer a hard time on the forum, these are monitored by Vauxhall and dealers alike. Go for it!,

·
Registered
335 Posts
When you cancelled your order did you get your deposit back??

·
Registered
584 Posts
it depends whether the dealer has broken his contract, if he has then the contract is broken and you get the deposit back. can you prove he has?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No deposit back yet but the dealer said it would be no issue due to the extended wait. I wrote to VCS before purchasing from the second dealer but have had no response yet. Not going to say I wouldn't use them again in future but would stay away from their service dept due to poor response from their CS team.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts