Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am pretty new to "detailing" and was looking on eBay for some wax for the Mokka. I came across an item called PTFE Paint Sealer.

Heres some of their blerb:-

===============================================================

<ul>[*]Super Endurance Paint Sealants also:-[*]Provides an unbeatable deep mirror shine that outlasts wax.[*]Protects against acid attacks (such as bird droppings) and salt spray. [*]Increased protection against scratching [*]£££ SAVE hunderds of pounds on the paint protection package offered by car dealers.[*]Reduces cohesion on painted surface -[*]Repels water, dirt and oil.
[/list]
===============================================================

Is this stuff any good compared to the normal car wax..

Cheers for any info..

·
Registered
505 Posts
Found this on Detailing World

From what i can gather yes it will give you a really slick wet looking finish buta lotof it is still down to the prep stage before applying a wax orsealant. As its a PTFE based compound t is better applied in hotter climates so the PTFE will bond better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a link to another seller on eBay..

I have done a little research and it seems that this stuff is possibly a similar liquid to that which is used at the dealers to seal the car, ie VX protect. Any one out there know if this is correct ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PTFE-Car-Polish-The-Best-Car-Wax-Isnt-Car-Wax-/260858445570?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cbc5fff02

The pics on the listing do look good, but as with anything you buy they could of been buffing for hours.

Would really like to hear from anyone on the forum who has actually used this stuff. Wont need to do our Mokka for a while yet so am going to research a bit before putting anything on the paint !

Thanks for any info...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts