Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mokka 1.7 SE Auto in Velvet Red

Order placed on 23 November 12 and just been advised delivery expected w/e 24 May. Initially promised del 1 March. Our present car needs service, new tyres, MOT, breakdown insurance renewal end March, all of which should have been avoided. Consider 6 months between order / delivery unacceptable
Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rich said:
Mokka 1.7 SE Auto in Velvet Red[

Order placed on 23 November 12 and just been advised delivery expected w/e 24 May. Initially promised del 1 March. Our present car needs service, new tyres, MOT, breakdown insurance renewal end March, all of which should have been avoided. Consider 6 months between order / delivery unacceptable

Are you trading-in your present vehicle against the Mokka?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im in the same boat too but my QQ is due a timing belt change too.

Ive arranged with the garage to take it next week.

So i will be carless for about 2 months if they stick to the 30th April delivery date.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have just had to service and mot my part ex so I can carry on using it. Still looking at 7 months from order to delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just one question: How will I be able to ascertain the name of the vessel that will be transporting my car when it is shipped?

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A week ago I contacted Vauxhall Customer Services to see if they could help to reduce the waiting period of over six months from order to delivery. They promised to investigate and call back later that day or, more likely, the next day but now, one week later, they still have not called.It would appear there is nothing to be gained by anyone following that line of enquiry.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Rich said:
A week ago I contacted Vauxhall Customer Services to see if they could help to reduce the waiting period of over six months from order to delivery. They promised to investigate and call back later that day or, more likely, the next day but now, one week later, they still have not called.It would appear there is nothing to be gained by anyone following that line of enquiry.
Actually I disagree. You cannot just phone them and then wait. The ONLY way they do anything is if you chase, chase and chase again.

I don't wish to appear rude but phoning them and having no further contact with them a week later plays right into their hands
Whilst you politely wait and believe them when they say they will come back to me, they will be dealing with the likes of me who now has a Case Number and is dealing with a guy in the Executive Team - all from refusing to accept "we'll come back to you". I have even emailed him and had him reply today putting in writing what I wanted to know....

When you rang did you receive a Case Reference number? If so ring back tomorrow and play merry hell with them.

The only reason I am doing all of this is so if (or should I say WHEN) they fail to deliver on their estimates and the wait becomes longer and longer I will have every right to say - MOT/Service and Tax on you thanks - along with 2 new tyres if it goes on much longer. You have to make it your mission to become so annoying to them that in the end, for a quiet life, they go "oh for goodness sake do something to make this person go away".

Rant over.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rich said:
They promised to investigate and call back later that day or, more likely, the next day but now, one week later, they still have not called.
I have had the same, VCS are truly terrible, even my dealership admit they are pants!

As said above, you have to pester them, one thing I have learned in life, if someone says they will get back to you 99% of the time they wont!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have to disagree, on the 2 occasions i have emailed VCS they have been extremely helpfull.I emailed this morning and recieved an email back 2 hours later. I myself found that if you don't rant or demand things they responded quickly. Oh, and both the emails hada case number for me to quote without having to ask

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dawn said:
I have to disagree, on the 2 occasions i have emailed VCS they have been extremely helpfull.I emailed this morning and recieved an email back 2 hours later. I myself found that if you don't rant or demand things they responded quickly  . Oh, and both the emails had a case number for me to quote without having to ask
Dawn at no time did I suggest ranting at VCS. I put 'rant over' at the end of the post. I believe that being firm and persistent is perfectly okay. Ranting at them is not. Apologies if what I wrote was ambiguous.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No ranting or demanding on my part, I sent them an email (a long one) regarding the fact I had 4 major warranty issues in the 1st 9 months of owning my astra J. I got the 'thank you for the email' reply but I had to relentlessly chase them.

Suppose it depends on who you deal with!

·
Registered
344 Posts
AlyG said:
Dawn said:
I have to disagree, on the 2 occasions i have emailed VCS they have been extremely helpfull.I emailed this morning and recieved an email back 2 hours later. I myself found that if you don't rant or demand things they responded quickly. Oh, and both the emails hada case number for me to quote without having to ask
Dawn at no time did I suggest ranting at VCS. I put 'rant over' at the end of the post. I believe that being firm and persistent is perfectly okay. Ranting at them is not. Apologies if what I wrote was ambiguous.
Aly, at no point did i suggest you ranted, i merely said that from MY experience i didn't rant and they responded quickly.
I agree 100%, noone likes to be kept in the dark, i guess that's why we are all made differently.
Wasn't aimed at you at all, just stating my experience

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dawn said:
AlyG said:
Dawn said:
I have to disagree, on the 2 occasions i have emailed VCS they have been extremely helpfull.I emailed this morning and recieved an email back 2 hours later. I myself found that if you don't rant or demand things they responded quickly  . Oh, and both the emails had a case number for me to quote without having to ask

Aly, at no point did i suggest you ranted, i merely said that from MY experience  i didn't  rant and they responded quickly.
I agree 100%, noone likes to be kept in the dark, i guess that's why we are all made differently.
Wasn't aimed at you at all, just stating my experience
Okie dokie. Thanks for that. This waiting room is getting pretty cramped so no way I want an awkward atmosphere

·
Registered
494 Posts
Guys,

Bottom line, Your Dealers Suck Big Time. My Order form said 'February Delivery' and as soon as it changed to End of April, the manager took me in his office and agreed to MOT my Part-Ex, plus Pay for a Private Plate. I'd told him when I ordered that I didn't want a '13' Plate and he said the delay was unacceptable.

Plus if the delay went to the end of May when we go to France in the Car, he would personally see that I have a bigger car, or even lend me him own car to take.

No Rant, No contact to Head Office, just pure Customer service by thePentagon Group.

I can't understand why other dealers are hiding from this problem, I'm happy with everything other than the delay. He offered me a Techline within 2 weeks but I want the Bike Rack not a SatNav, otherwise I'd have been driving around in a Mokka for the last 2 months.

Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be fair I did actually receive three phone calls from VCS without my chasing them.I decided to be patient and on Sunday I shall be taking delivery of my new Mokka SE 1.7 Diesel Auto.
I'd like to ask two questions: (1) If anyone has a similar Mokka, what consumption do you realistically get? (2) The manual I downloaded says, in regard to the handbrake: "Always apply parking brake firmly without operating the release button".I have been driving for 54 years and have always pressed the button to save wear on the ratchet so does anyone know the reason for this requirement.It would be helpful just to know the reason so can anyone help me lease.I have asked my garage but they do not appear to have the answer.

Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry about my typo.In the penultimate sentence of my last entry 'lease' should have read 'please'.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts