Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I've been using an old iPod through the USB socket for ages, but it's getting long in the tooth. Just bought an iPhone 6 and a lightning to USB lead.

However, the car won't recognise the phone as a music player, only a phone. If I press the dash button for AUX it looks my iPod and when it can't find it says "Disk Error".
If I press the large selection button when it is in phone mode it won't search for playlists or anything.

I can get music to play via bluetooth, but you have to operate the phone to make selections, which is not what I want. It will also play via the lead in the same way.

What I'm after is the same functionality as I get through my iPod, where my playlists show on the screen and I can select from there.
I have seen lightning leads with a an audio jack on the other end - is that the answer?

My local dealer says to call in (but they aren't that local) as it's a complicated problem. They also say it should play the music.

The car is a 2016 model SE with the CD450 player.

Does anyone have an answer? Many thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't know much about iphones but have you tried it with the wi fi turned off? If you can't turn it off try it in aeroplane mode.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did your Ipod work that way??
I use an old Ipod plugged into the USB slot but I get none of its functionality through the cars entertainment system. I just set it to Random (which annoyingly needs to be done every other time I get in the car) and let it play, one minute i'm listening to Beethoven, next song is AC/DC!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I've been using an old iPod through the USB socket for ages, but it's getting long in the tooth. Just bought an iPhone 6 and a lightning to USB lead.

However, the car won't recognise the phone as a music player, only a phone. If I press the dash button for AUX it looks my iPod and when it can't find it says "Disk Error".
If I press the large selection button when it is in phone mode it won't search for playlists or anything.

I can get music to play via bluetooth, but you have to operate the phone to make selections, which is not what I want. It will also play via the lead in the same way.

What I'm after is the same functionality as I get through my iPod, where my playlists show on the screen and I can select from there.
I have seen lightning leads with a an audio jack on the other end - is that the answer?

My local dealer says to call in (but they aren't that local) as it's a complicated problem. They also say it should play the music.

The car is a 2016 model SE with the CD450 player.

Does anyone have an answer? Many thanks.
Download at least one song onto iTunes then it should recognise the iPhone, I done this on my megane and then I could play all my Amazon music

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know much about iphones but have you tried it with the wi fi turned off? If you can't turn it off try it in aeroplane mode.
Does this work on android phones? I'm having the same issue and its driving me insane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this work on android phones? I'm having the same issue and its driving me insane.
If you’re using a streaming service - Spotify, YouTube or an a drip I’d equivalent to like Apple Music, and you don’t have any actual music files on your phone it won’t work. You need the songs to be on your phone as like an mp3 file. When you try your phone, it will ‘search’ for acceptable files to play, and if you don’t have any songs it’ll say it won’t work.
You can either A. Download music to a computer (you can use YouTube and an mp3 converter it’s free and easy), plug your android in and simply click and drag the files to your phone.. then that will work. If you’re using a streaming service like I was, and had looooads of songs saved in playlists, I downloaded ‘song shift’ and that transferred all my playlists from Spotify to Apple Music but I’m sure it works with android too...
Or, B. Do pretty much the same steps but instead of downloading them to your phone, you can download them to a memory stick and plug that in the USB port instead. Just remember to unplug it when you’re not driving because that particular fuse runs constantly, so even if the engines not on the memory stick will still be getting power.. which I can’t imagine is any good for the fuse or your battery 😬
Hope this helped x

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you’re using a streaming service - Spotify, YouTube or an a drip I’d equivalent to like Apple Music, and you don’t have any actual music files on your phone it won’t work. You need the songs to be on your phone as like an mp3 file. When you try your phone, it will ‘search’ for acceptable files to play, and if you don’t have any songs it’ll say it won’t work.
You can either A. Download music to a computer (you can use YouTube and an mp3 converter it’s free and easy), plug your android in and simply click and drag the files to your phone.. then that will work. If you’re using a streaming service like I was, and had looooads of songs saved in playlists, I downloaded ‘song shift’ and that transferred all my playlists from Spotify to Apple Music but I’m sure it works with android too...
Or, B. Do pretty much the same steps but instead of downloading them to your phone, you can download them to a memory stick and plug that in the USB port instead. Just remember to unplug it when you’re not driving because that particular fuse runs constantly, so even if the engines not on the memory stick will still be getting power.. which I can’t imagine is any good for the fuse or your battery 😬
Hope this helped x
Android* equivalent... not whatever it was that I typed 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts