Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody I have a problem with stop/start and clutch pedal on a 2012 mokka 1.7 cdti oh and dealership pentagon oldham

My wife owns a 2012 Vauxhall Mokka 1.7cdti she has owned this ever since 2015 with 8000 miles on the clock and loves it to bits but after 6 months in it developed a problem from the stop/start at traffic lights it would stop as it is suppose to but when take off from the lights the engine tries to start but bangs violently and then cuts out and then tries to start again, this is not the worse as it also keeps the clutch pedal down, as you can understand being other drivers behind her you would be getting annoyed at the car in front and as a result she became stressed and upset at this, as this was not enough she has had this problem now for 4 ½ years but the problem went away each time it happened but now it has reached the point it really needs to be dealt with.

So we have telephoned Vauxhall for help but they told us to have the car diagnosed from a dealer before they could do anything further so we booked it in at Pentagon Vauxhall Dealer on Chadderton Way in Oldham which they offered to collect the car and give a curtsey car but on the day they contacted us to cancel the appointment to the following week and to inform use that they could not collect it, on the day she brought the car to them they contacted her and informed her that they would have to investigate further and that they could not do work on the car until the following week this has been a bad experience from the start what a joke.

let me tell you now that is a Manufacturing Fault to do with the slave cylinder in the gearbox in the Vauxhall Insignia (which Vauxhall Know and repair) this is a common fault but it seems that Vauxhall will not accept it in the Vauxhall Mokka even though they have this exact problem on the Insignia we have been told from the Vauxhall Dealer that they will have to do a diagnostics at a cost to my wife of £98 but as they could find a fault they have to take the gearbox off also at a cost of 3 ½ hours costing £460 on top of the £98 and if that was not enough if they find the fault (clutch which they say is the fault without investigating it first) she would have to pay an additional cost to repair the gearbox, she has been driving the car with good fuel economy no problem, it’s a common fault with slave cylinder in the Vauxhall Insignia this is what the mechanic has told us.

Surly when so many people complain about the same fault on the Vauxhall Mokka and Insignia it must set alarms sounding.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
You state there has been an ongoing problem with this car for 4½ years. If that is a fact, then why did you not deal with it then, when I assume it would have been under some sort of warranty?
Now many years later you expect Vauxhall to deal with it at no cost to your good selves?
If I have misunderstood or interpreted it wrongly please accept my apologies and maybe other members can offer some constructive advice on a way forward. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You state there has been an ongoing problem with this car for 4½ years. If that is a fact, then why did you not deal with it then, when I assume it would have been under some sort of warranty?
Now many years later you expect Vauxhall to deal with it at no cost to your good selves?
If I have misunderstood or interpreted it wrongly please accept my apologies and maybe other members can offer some constructive advice on a way forward. Good luck.
basically the problem did not show on diagnostic and it was intermittent it was not under warranty and everything went fine perfect driving so was not having a problem with the clutch I really just wanted to know if anybody has had the same problem and what did it end up being

·
Registered
2 Posts
basically the problem did not show on diagnostic and it was intermittent it was not under warranty and everything went fine perfect driving so was not having a problem with the clutch I really just wanted to know if anybody has had the same problem and what did it end up being
Hi my car the 2014 1.7dci has done same problem a few times at traffic lights it would stall then cause eco green light was on it would make a loud noise like a lawnmower trying to start and my Mokka wouldn’t start, it seemed as though it was flooded with diesel or sucking in air and the engine would rattle like mad.I would have to wait a few minutes with hazards on and turn the eco switch off then start with the key .its only done it about four time and iv only had car a year so didn’t think it was worth paying money out as it’s not a regular fault . But I would try driving it out of ECO MODE .HOPE this solves your problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Unfortunately there has been no update from rio in 10 months.

Reactions: Squib

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This has turned out to be a regular problem with diesel Mokka's, type DMF in the search box.

·
Registered
560 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts