Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was just wondering if anyone has ordered the privacy shades at all, and if you have could you please post some pictures. Was thinking of getting these instead of tinting??

cheers

fatrocks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah I've got them. £72.50 just for the side windows! It stated from £45 on the accessories page on Vauxhall they fit perfect on the windows. I've got tinted windows too having the SE so it's very dark in the back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers harper31

was looking on extras rang dealer and spoke to him about it just wanted to know how well they fitted the tailgate window, can't seem to get any good pics off the web. The dealer said they fit the rear windows well but not to sure about the tailgate ones.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They fit really well on the side. The rear is in two halves and has a join right in the middle of the window which you don't need as the window is tiny already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one harper

just the job

have looked and they look ok. will phone dealer and order some of those.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi, can you post some pictures of the privacy shades on.

is there still visability from the inside with the shades on? eg. can you still see out the rear window?

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi psp888

if you click on the above link you will see the privacy shades. have not yet got my mokka hopefully fingers crossed will be next month. I will put some photos on as soon as I can.

fatrocks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ordered mine today whilst at dealers with other issues. (Rear side window set).
Guess what? They are in stock (UK & Europe)

£62.50 and should have them end of the week!
Rear screen shades also showed in stock.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was under the impression that it was £72.50 for the rear windows and the tailgate. I opened the box and found just the rear window shades. For that price!!!!! I took them back as they are not worth that kind of money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the Vauxhall website it says this :-

Privacy Shades

Provide shade for rear seat passengers and increase security. The tailored fit enables the rear windows to be opened with the shades remaining in place.

""¢Rear sides from £45
""¢Tailgate from £55
""¢Full set £95

when I enquired about a set was told they couldn't order them until I have the vehicle and there is a 2 week wait as they are from Germany??

My dealer was telling me they are £170 for the set if I remember correctly?? have't got a clue where they get their numbers from.

fatrock

·
Registered
156 Posts
Still to fit mine as scratching head over the A4 photocopy instructions! Anyone else fitted them who could take a picture for where the 3 adhesive pads go?
Yes they are made in Germany.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It also says £72.50 for the rear sides and tailgate on the May 2013 price guide. No small print, no * next to it, no 'see note (1)'. Just that price and those areas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have found this on the May 2013 price list

SAFETY
Privacy shades kit ""“ rear side windows and
tailgate £72.50

will be bring this to their attention when they ring with a price.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've got some screen grabs at home of the pages so I'll post them later.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Mine look as if they are till I fit them, but they slide nicely into the plastic clips

·
Registered
156 Posts
Agree with you on that one.
The little clips that hold the shade in get compressed against the door rubber cill and leave indentations, untill they break of. Raised with my dealer 18 months ago to look into and never had a response.
My shades have been in the boot since in their nice little bag.
Hade the rear windows and screen tinted recently and cheaper than the shades!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts