Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with the power steering. My 2013 1.7 SE has had intermittent problems since I had it and has had two different problems fixed, but has failed again.

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,478 Posts
Hi. I've had my 1.7 Exclusiv since Nov 13. and haven't had any problems with the power steering. You say you have had two previous problems, can I ask what they were and how the problem was resolved? I'm sorry to hear that yet another problem has arisen. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,478 Posts
I was wondering if Angels problems were the same, or a different type of fault

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
I'm sure Angel will let us know
.Meanwhile,Angel,welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The couple of times it was as if the steering locked for a fraction of a second and there was an audible clunk from the steering column. A loose connection was blamed on it's first visit to the service department a fault within the steering column the second. Last weekend went to reverse out of a parking space and the power steering failed, I pulled back into the space and switched off the engine. As it was after midnight and I was in a station car park on my own I tried again and there wasn't a problem. I booked it in with my dealer for when I was back home but yesterday it failed again but this time the fault lights lit up. We got onto the service manager at our dealership and he advised us to have the car recovered.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you I have looked everywhere on my mokka 1.7cdti 4x4 and cannot locate this. Can you help me thurther. And nothing as to the diagram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought all power steering needed fluid as my partners car is electric and has power steering fluid. I have a noise like air is whooshing only whilst moving and thought maybe it was low on fluid but if it doesn't have fluid then it will eliminate that🤣🤣🙈

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
There have been a few hydraulic steering racks powered by an electric pump, but mostly these days cars have an electrically powered column like the mokka, no fluid needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts