Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vauxhall anti-theft number plate screws.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
Bought em from an Ebay seller, Richbrook @ 10.99 for four; the only issue was trying to make em fit but i think they work pretty well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
what are the standard ones like?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chappo,
The standard ones fitted on my Mokka were just bog standard silver screws, possibly 8mm in diameter (i could be wrong on size) thought the anti-theft ones looked different to the norm.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Is there such a thing as a "standard" fixing? Surely each dealer will use whatever is their preference - ie the ones they can get the cheapest

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why did youpay £10.99for four screws? Surely most self respecting car thieves just make them. Equipment is cheap, and less hassle than nicking them. Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
10 Posts
To get a plate made up you have to show the registration documents, not like the old days when you just walked in and bought them

·
Registered
246 Posts
GJ13 said:
To get a plate made up you have to show the registration documents, not like the old days when you just walked in and bought them

We are talking about car thieves. They make their own plates. The equipment costs buttons.
I actually bought my plates on ebay for my Fiat for less than 10 quid. No documents required. Next day delivery. My plates came as road legal as they had the necessary markings.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking from experience, number plate thefts do still occur. However it is quite rare as your common thief would much rather clone plates than steal them, if they could afford to do so that is. Generally you have to show proof of registration prior to purchading a set, however there are a few who avoid this process as detailed in the post above.
I bought the screws for a little piece of mind and because the ones fitted to my Mokka were a little UGLY, I think they used some type of steel self tapping screw which have a dome head. You can purchase a set of anti-theft screws without the Vauxhall logo much cheaper if you prefer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.