Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am in South Africa and nobody official is saying anything about my Mokka. Started missing very slightly on startup took it to dealer who tested it and found drop of pressure in one cyl. removed pistons and found them wearing out, I have only done 45000Km

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
At 28000 miles that's not a good sign, what year is it and more importantly what engine had it got -- what useage had it had such as driving conditions (city/country) -- service history and driving style play a big part in a engines well being -- just a bit more information would be helpful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi guys, I am in South Africa and nobody official is saying anything about my Mokka. Started missing very slightly on startup took it to dealer who tested it and found drop of pressure in one cyl. removed pistons and found them wearing out, I have only done 45000Km
2015 model used for town mostly with a few country runs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 28000 miles that's not a good sign, what year is it and more importantly what engine had it got -- what useage had it had such as driving conditions (city/country) -- service history and driving style play a big part in a engines well being -- just a bit more information would be helpful
sorry 1.4 turbo engine, at 65 years old I rarely push it average running at 2000 revs

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts
If the service interval/details were adhered to and oil checked on a regular basis it's most strange.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
When you say the garage identified loss of pressure in one cylinder -- would that cylinder be number 4 by any chance ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say the garage identified loss of pressure in one cylinder -- would that cylinder be number 4 by any chance ?
I do not know, but the dealer blamed the problem to poor petrol quality in SA.I have had every service done every 15000 km by the dealers.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is it the 4x4 version you have ??, with the 152 ps engine, Not 138 ps, as there was a
problem identified with the 152ps and an update made available to prevent engine damage

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Did the dealer not get your consent before starting a major strip down? they should have reported the pressure readings and specifically the wet and dry readings which help determine where the fault lies BEFORE starting work, blaming petrol quality also sounds odd, I would be tending to wonder what oil has been used for servicing, I don't recall any Mokka club member needing piston replacement at any mileage! but your answer to DSM's question above will be helpfull.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This doesn't make sense. If your Opel dealer is blaming fuel then you would find that thousands of petrol vehicles in SA would be having the same problem. Fuel comes from Sasol refinery and is basically the same at every outlet. Having lived for many years in SA and run a variety of fleet vehicles I have never heard of this. If your vehicle is still under warranty go to war. If it's not still go to war.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Engine damage due to LSPI was one of my concerns before I bought a 1.4T but between the Dexos 1 Gen 2 oil, the power reduction (I think mines is 140ps) and the fact I've got automatic transmission I think I should be OK.

I read somewhere that the oil pump is controlled by the ECU to limit drag which I don't like one bit (visions of changing the oil & filter and having trouble getting the oil light to go out) but I've never been able to confirm that. Does anyone know if there's a technical review of the current engine on the web anywhere?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Engine damage due to LSPI was one of my concerns before I bought a 1.4T but between the Dexos 1 Gen 2 oil, the power reduction (I think mines is 140ps) and the fact I've got automatic transmission I think I should be OK.

I read somewhere that the oil pump is controlled by the ECU to limit drag which I don't like one bit (visions of changing the oil & filter and having trouble getting the oil light to go out) but I've never been able to confirm that. Does anyone know if there's a technical review of the current engine on the web anywhere?
Pre-ignition has only been associated with the 152 PS 1.4, which as far as I know was introduced in the US first and dexos1 gen 2 introduced to combat the problem virtually as soon as that engine became available here, again AFAIK it was only ever sold here in 4x4 models.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad to hear that, so I've got nowt to worry about. I find it a great little engine although the emissions figures aren't so good - £500 for the first years road tax was a bit eye watering for a 1.4.

·
Registered
161 Posts
£500 ? How does that happen? 1.4 co2 is 147. Does that not get into the £210 bracket?

·
Registered
79 Posts
£500 ? How does that happen? 1.4 co2 is 147. Does that not get into the £210 bracket?
It's an automatic, figures in the V5 are 162g/km. Think it's actually £515, I just try to forget it. :( So much for the automatics being better mpg than manuals.

·
Registered
474 Posts

Ive looked through the parts diagrams and there's nothing electrical attached to the system abet a level sensor, i even found another forum with the assembled picture. Its driven straight of the crank anyway.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's an automatic, figures in the V5 are 162g/km. Think it's actually £515, I just try to forget it. :( So much for the automatics being better mpg than manuals.
Wow thats about the same as my Vectra VXR :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ive looked through the parts diagrams and there's nothing electrical attached to the system abet a level sensor, i even found another forum with the assembled picture. Its driven straight of the crank anyway.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know how the ECU would control the oil pump, thought perhaps by opening a relief valve to limit its output but it I've gota vague memory of reading about it somewhere.

I believe the B14NET engine has direct ECU control over the thermostat and some of the VAG car use electrically driven water pumps. I did post about it on the VXon board where I was told this engine had an earlier history of timing chain problems but should be all sorted now.

·
Registered
474 Posts
WHAT? You mean for the same road tax I could be driving a VXR. Wish I'd known that :)
Well any 2.8t engined Vectra C, they all map up about the same anyway

1 - 20 of 38 Posts