Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I've a question mainly for Evans Halshaw customers but everyone eles can feel free to chip in.

I'm being asked to hand over a Building Society drawn cheque, not me writing one, 10 days before Irecieve my car. Has anyone experienced this with EH ? ...they claim it will take 10 days to clear.
Its the first time they've done this with me and i've never come across this before.

I've never experienced this before and I'm now at the point of telling them to place the car where the sun doesn't shine, as I am so fed up witth whole thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I paid that bunch of cowboys in Edinburgh with my Debit card. I suppose you have considered that option.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Marshalls sort of skirted around this, i pointed out "no, i'm transferring the funds electronically to your account in 2 stages". They agreed, end of.

Oh, it was done in 2 stages as Natwest charge for transfers over £10,000.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Em, if it's drawn on a building society then what are they on about?

I understand if you tried to pay with a personal cheque but I'm with EH too and if they even SAY this I will take the same approach as you - 10 days to clear - they are having a laugh!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wellfan said:
I paid that bunch of cowboys in Edinburgh with my Debit card. I suppose you have considered that option.
Hi Wellfan ... we did speak about Credit Card ( % charge) but I cant remember if we chatted about Debit ...can you rememberif they slap a charge on top for the Debit Card ?

I felt they had been reasonably good until now but that appears to be changing

·
Registered
246 Posts
No charge for debit card. I have used debit card for last several car purchases. Arnold Clark, Parks Motor Group and now Evans Hellshaw.

·
Registered
572 Posts
gmcl01 said:
wellfan said:
Hi Wellfan ... we did speak about Credit Card ( % charge) but I cant remember if we chatted about Debit ...can you rememberif they slap a charge on top for the Debit Card ?

I felt they had been reasonably good until now but that appears to be changing

I paid for my last Vauxhall on a Debit Card - no charge as it's as good as paying with "cash"....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm waiting on a call back from them having said i will walk away of they don't chnage their stance ....and that has made me very unpopular with my dearly beloved ! ......

·
Registered
246 Posts
My issue with Evans is well documented. Just be willing to spend quite some time checking the car prior to payment. My car was a mess.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I ddi read that about the car ...will reread re Debit card

·
Registered
163 Posts
there should be no charge for debit card -

bit of advice - try and put some on a credit card - as this will give you extra consumer protection

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would suggest that you transfer the money from your building society into your bank account and then pay them by debit card. There is no charge for paying by debit card.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Chappo ....I would prefer to use DEbit Card as much easier...but they do slap a hefty charge on for Credit Cards....but given the problems people seem to be having it might be worth as you say putting a slice on the CC

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wellfan said:
gmcl01 said:
yeah I ddi read that about the car ...will reread re Debit card
Do you fancy your chances against the bairns tomorrow?

Nope ! ....but I will be going ...just cant help myself.....we are the poorest Hihs team since the early 80's and regardless of what you may have read we have not improved one jot this year.

if it wasn't for LG ...we be in a fight with Dundee for Relegation

Can we have your manager ?

Edited by: gmcl01

·
Registered
246 Posts
No chance. Just signed a new contract. You might be able to snatch some of our out of contract players at end of season. Faddy is coming back to his best, scored a peach of a goal on Saturday.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...A good signing for you

·
Registered
163 Posts
if you have the cash for the car - why didn't you get it on interest free credit? - that way you can keep the money in the bank and earn (some!) interest on it, and not be charged anything for the vehicle :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do and thats another smashing idea

·
Registered
600 Posts
Depends if your dealer is giving a better price for a cash deal . Then you have to work out the interest over the period you could have on 0% finance . If you are only an average mileage driver , then a PCP could be the best overall solution . If paying cash , then you only need to place £100 on a credit card to have protection for the whole purchase .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts