Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much discount you should get off with the partner scheme please??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Only 4""° on exclusively and SE. 1% on tech line

·
Registered
713 Posts
When I ordered in November it was 7%. Believe it has gone down to 4% on the Mokka and Adam now though

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you... 4% works out right from what they have taken off !! Edited by: Kat34

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would not worry about these false discounts. Any dealer looking for a deal will add more discounts than you can shake a stick at to get the deal. Basically, anyone can qualify for a Vauxhall discount.I do qualify for some of these discounts but was never asked. I just asked for a discounted price and the dealer did the creative accounting to give me a quite substantial discount on my Mokka. My invoice showed a partner discount for a teacher. I have never been a teacher, worked for NHS for 35 years!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before i ordered my car a few weeks ago they offered me the 4.5% discount, i told them i can get a 10% discount online from some random website. They played there usual games, told me that it wasimpossibleso i walked away, got a phone called 2 days later saying they will give me the 10% discount oneverything. I then went to another dealer and told them that i have been offered 10% so they gave me some bits and bobs and the 10% discount.

Don't beafraidto walk away.......

If they want your money then they will call.

Forgot to say that i got all of this with no deposit and 0%finance.

·
Registered
246 Posts
psp888 said:
Only 4""° on exclusively and SE. 1% on tech line
I got just shy of 8% off my TechLine, also 1.9%(flat rate)finance available. So just keep pushing. I should qualify that I had no trade-in vehicle, so much easier to get a discount off list price.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wellfan
Im going down to Killie tomorrow to yourfavouritedealer to see what they can do on a factory build 1.4i 4x4 Tech Line with a few options. Can you tell me if they are easy to deal with , ie discount on the car and good finance rates , I have no trade in so hopefully will be able to achieve something . Then its the long wait ..... Cheers

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ordered my Mokka in Sept and dealer offered 7% discount due to partners scheme. I also part-exed my 2006 Zafira which dealer paid a reasonable price for. Then when I ordered my space saver wheel I told the guy on parts desk about my discount on my Mokka, so he offered 10% off parts.....if you don't ask, you don't get

·
Registered
246 Posts
alanru said:
Wellfan
Im going down to Killie tomorrow to yourfavouritedealer to see what they can do on a factory build 1.4i 4x4 Tech Line with a few options. Can you tell me if they are easy to deal with , ie discount on the car and good finance rates , I have no trade in so hopefully will be able to achieve something . Then its the long wait ..... Cheers
They were very easy to deal with. I got about 8% off a TechLine which is very good when you consider that it is really an Exclusive with Satnav, and about £2850 cheaper than the Exclusive when you factor in the Satnav.
They also offered flat rate of 1.9% finance. However, the APR is a bit higher than it should be when you add their charges on to the finance. Clydesdale Bank loan at 5.1& APR had a lower overall cost.
I did also find that Evans Halshaw dealerships were offering me different levels of discount. The car I bought was more heavily discounted to get me to register it before end of January. But they still made money on it, so do go looking to get the 8%, at least. Just state that you know someone who got 8% off a TechLine from the Edinburgh dealership (There you go, I have now named and shamed them)
Have you looked at online broker prices to get an idea of discounts and OTR prices to use as a bargaining tool?
Also you should contact all the dealers within a distance that you are willing to travel to see what they have in stock, or arriving soon. Save you a long wait.
Good luck. I have just been unlucky with a poorly prepared car. To be fair to the sales staff they were all very helpful. Only let down by some other eejits in the supply chain.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info wellfan.

Just back from EH in Kilmarnock , I wanted a 1.4 Tech Line factory order with Paint , winter pack , Rear View Camera and space saver.. No trade In.. Told the salesman I have been to various dealerships across the area and know the discounts available plus have plenty quotes on me from on line brokers , guess what.. no discount offered at all on the car . £399 a month for four years ..burst out laughing at this and told him I can get the same car with options , for £300 a month with buyacar. Asked him to spec up a exclusive with the 0% finance... £360 a month, still no movement on discount so gladly said thank you Ill go elsewhere.

Well it looks like Ill be going to buy from online brokers again I currently have a scirocco and before that a Golf GT , the online brokers I have used in the past have been great but has anyone used ..buyacar.. they seem to have a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I found similar situation over past 12 months when looking at different cars, before settling on the Mokka.
Dealers were not interested in doing a deal on anything other than what they had available in stock. Arnold Clark in particular were so disinterested. I had been planning to buy a Scirocco in December/Janaury, however, I did not proceed as none of the salesmen I spoke to even bothered to call me back. I even went back to one of the showrooms to ask why he had not called me and he just shrugged his shoulders. Total apathy. If you are reading this Arnold you need to give some of your sales guys a good kick up the ....

I personally have not used Buyacar but like you I have used brokers in the past, before the days of the internet way back to the late eighties and early nineties. I once travelled down to Canterbury in Kent to collect a 205 GTi(no deposit). The only thing putting me off would be the quite large deposits they now look for.
Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers wellfan.

I made a nice over the water trip to Lindsays Of Dumbarton and have got myself a good deal on a specd up Exclusive . As soon as I contacted them by phone this afternoon I knew this was the dealership for me . Discount and 0% finance .. Roll on the summer when ill get the car .

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think that anyone ordering a car has to go in hard and stick to your guns, at the end of the day a garage doesnt have to agree, but if they want to trade they are likely to want to compromise if your reasonable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well done Barlah
I was in this afternoon about half three , had a look at the black and the blue mokkas but did not see the white . I like the white but the other half does not so ive stuck to silver . My salesman was Gerry who in all my car buying days ive not met a nicer gentleman , was in there about two hours gabbing away to him . Hope you have great fun with your mokka when you get it .. Cheers Alan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts