Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, had the Mokka for just over a week now and the DIC has thrown up an error code of S136, looked in the handbook and this reckons its the parking sensors that need servicing. Has any body else had this code show up. We have noticed that the parking assist doesn't always initiate when reversing or sometimes if you are getting close to something at the front. Works most of the time though, so I guess it could be an intermittent fault.

Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
339 Posts
amokka,
So sorry to here you have had this problem with your Mokka. I have had mine now for approx 7 weeks; during the 2nd week I too had a problem with the parking sensors. The DIC stated the parking assist required serviving so I took my Mokka in to my dealer who informed me a part was broken and needed replacing. The part was ordered and fitted the following week. There was a software issue during the replacement but this was fixed in no time and am happy to report there have been no further problems. Take it to your dealer to be fixed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kirby, cheers, I am going to call the dealer this week, and will mention that I know that another Mokka owner has had the same problem. Hopefully it can be sorted. Its not a massive problem, but annoying as you must know.

Thanks
Amokka

·
Registered
339 Posts
No probs Amokka,
I'm not sure which part was actually faulty/replaced but it had to be ordered as its not a stock item. The part was due to be replaced the following week and dealer then reported there was a conflict with the software during the installation of the new part, dealer asked to hold on to my Mokka for an extra day to resolve this issue which it was.
My dealer is Hutchings, Pontypridd so if your dealer has any problems, maybe they can contact them for assistance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this fault come up on the dash this week. My Mokka is 7 months old and otherwise the parking assist appears to have worked fine.
The following day the car seems to have re-set itself and the code has not come back.
Thanks for your post, think I might pop in and have it checked out.

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
HiTAHAand welcome to this Forum. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but it appears to be an easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hi TAHA, and welcome to the forum. Hopefully it'll not take too much to get your Mokka repaired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Mokka is just over 2 years and have had the same problem.

Believe it was the same error.
I then read in the manual what I can do.
Took a rag and went out and polished the sensors front and rear, voilà, the error code is gone.
But after some time came another error message will appear, the cornering light needed service.
So I went to my local Opel dealer and they found a lot of fault codes in the machine that was corrected, and then the error is gone.
The error is apparently known for Opel according serviceman and would come back again, they have to another program to run in so it should work.
This was in March 2015, now in April 2015 it came up that the parking assistance is needed services again.
Then took back my rag and polished the sensors and the error was gone.
Have not had any other errors later either ...
This helped me, and hopefully will help you too.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
M_Sweden said:
My Mokka is just over 2 years and have had the same problem.

Believe it was the same error.
I then read in the manual what I can do.
Took a rag and went out and polished the sensors front and rear, voilà, the error code is gone.
But after some time came another error message will appear, the cornering light needed service.
So I went to my local Opel dealer and they found a lot of fault codes in the machine that was corrected, and then the error is gone.
The error is apparently known for Opel according serviceman and would come back again, they have to another program to run in so it should work.
This was in March 2015, now in April 2015 it came up that the parking assistance is needed services again.
Then took back my rag and polished the sensors and the error was gone.
Have not had any other errors later either ...
This helped me, and hopefully will help you too.

There's a lot of polishers in the UK so we'll be ok....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry.
I'm not so good at English, so I use the Google translation, and then it can be wrong sometimes.

I did not use a polishing machine, but an ordinary cloth to wipe off the sensors.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hi M_Sweden. Don't worry about it, we knew what you meant, it's just our sense of humour

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
M_Sweden said:
Sorry.
I'm not so good at English, so I use the Google translation, and then it can be wrong sometimes.

I did not use a polishing machine, but an ordinary cloth to wipe off the sensors.

Thanks for clearing that up and making it abundantly clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently purchased (about 4 weeks ago)a Mokka, reg year 2016. I think I may have an issue with the parking assist or need to understand if what I am experiencing is normal before I return to the dealer.
Parking assist is active and once I go over a certain speed it goes off which is fine. The problem I have is when I slow down to approach traffic lights or other cars, at a certain speed the parking assistactivates but the annoying thing is I also get a temporary beep, service light comes on with 136 on the display which then disappears after about a second. Can anyone tell me if this is normal and it is just warning me parking assist is activated or is this a problem and something that shouldn't be happening?

Many thanks

Ann

Post merged.

Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
818 Posts
All i can say is i have had two Mokka's and neither have exhibited the symptoms
you are describing, so my advice is take it back to the dealers

Edited by: DSM

·
Registered
3 Posts
many thanks for the comments on what yourexperience has been it is appreciated, I also think I may have to take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had seen this thread which is what lead me to this forum, the old thread doesn't really go into much detail on when the errors occur i.e on ignition, errors intermittently like mine or if their parking assist even works.
I have posted in the hope that other may help me identify if this is normal for mokka as I have never owned one before or personally know any other owners to get that insight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts