Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after finding out my brother-in-law's postcode is not recognised by the Navi (it's a new build estate but he's been in there since December 2011 and Google Maps has had no problems) i took a closer look at the packaging, to discover:

There is a 2012 / 2013 version (thanks for the intel Blum):

http://www.navigation.com/Opel_Mokka_2013_NAVI600/opel-vauxhall/catalog/en_GB/GBP/

but i'm arsed if i'm paying out £99 for something that i believe should have come with a 2013 car. I've emailed my dealer about this and he's going to look into it. in the meantime i would suggest anyone who's had this to check their packaging and act / complain accordingly.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That is so not cool. Hope your able to get the 2012/2013 version.

Hope mine due in May will have the updated maps included.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thats shameful from Vauxhall, surely they could have included the update SD card if they werent going to give you the correct dated maps already.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I wonder when the new card came out. If it was a few months back South Korea might not have had it or maybe they're on a boat currently going the other way!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would have thought they would both be produced in the same area of the world

Maybe they thought no one would notice and it would save them a few quid

·
Registered
47 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
I wonder when the new card came out. If it was a few months back South Korea might not have had it or maybe they're on a boat currently going the other way!
Surely Navteq would have just uploaded the card contents to a server for which ever OEM to download and produce the cards locally.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
In this crazy world of ours I wouldn't put it past them making it somewhere else because its cheaper then shipping in bulk.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reply from my dealer:

With
regards to your nav disc, the vehicle was ordered by Ely 24/09/2012 and was
shipped<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

23/11/2012 so the nav disc that should be with the
vehicle is correct.
Still fail to see why the Mokka came with 2011 / 2012 maps when it was not 2011.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine came today with the 2011/2012 maps sd card too.

Asked my dealer and he said the same as yours that the maps sd card was the oneVauxhallshipped will the car and I would have to take it up with them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is there a way I can check the date of the maps without the packaging as I don't appear to have any, just the SD card itself?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Although I ordered in Nov 2012 my build date was Feb 2013 so shouldn't have a 2011/12 SD card in as the new one was out when car was built. This is now on the check list when it arrives in Apr.
This years builds should be filtering through soon so what Navi Sd card do you have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Mokka navi 600 system does not have the facility of putting the post code into it, only the address can be put in. The other problem with it is that I was told before purchase that the Navi 600 would have all western europe on it. I now know different and only the main trunk roads of europe, the dealer has been contacted and they assure me that they will give me a full SD Card with all the streets of western europe on it. They are aware that if there is a cost to me for this that they will be getting the car back.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mokka Mick said:
My Mokka navi 600 system does not have the facility of putting the post code into it, only the address can be put in.
It does.... instead ofinputing a street address start putting in a postcode, you'll see the letters disappear at the bottom, leaving you with enough letters and numbers to put postcodes in, until a list of postcodes appear. If the postcode is not recognised it won't give you enough letters.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally recieved phone call back from customer service saying there is nothing they can do as that was the card issued with the car. I said the engine number says if was build in 2013 but apparently not, it was built 18 dec 12, so my registration number and vin must be lying. O well. Either way. If people are getting their car in 2013 you would expect most up to date stuff. Bad show VX. So far not impressed with after sales customer service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just looked at my map date and it's 2011/12 even though card ordered 2013 and delivered 2013. Have been told by dealer that car was built December 2012 so has card supplied on that date. I might be wrong but this all sound a bit off to me!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you look on the Navteq site here and have a mooch on the drop down menu the Mokka is not listed. Neither is it listed when you click on the Navi600 2012 / 2013 maps package.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Love Stallion said:
If you look on the Navteq site here and have a mooch on the drop down menu the Mokka is not listed. Neither is it listed when you click on the Navi600 2012 / 2013 maps package.
That said, there are 2 Mokka photos on the page header.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts