Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought they were joking when they said at least 4 months. . . . . .
Still, about the same as my Citroen DS3, and that "only" came from Paris!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
They probably were it will be nearer 5 to 6 months

But the wait won't seem nearly as bad here in the waiting room ..........welcome!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome to the club. I presume that with your name you will be a local Chesterfield supporter and I will see you about at some stage. Ordered mine in november for the 1st march but was later told estimated delivery date would be 23rd march. That has now slipped to the 12th April. I just hope it doesn't slip any further.
Still, while you are in the waiting room you will find plenty of threads with different information to whet your appetite for the big day when you take delivery. What made the mokka take your fancy and what spec have you ordered.
Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gone for an Exclusiv, 1.7D, AWD, Space Saver Wheel (trust me - best £100 anyone will ever spend on a car) & the Flex-Fix® bicycle carrier. Not 100% sure they can work in tandem, guess I'll find out once Vauxhall get the order.

I wanted an AWD 17.D, in the Tech Line, but was told "Private", as opposed to "fleet" buyers must pay cash. Seems silly to do so when there is a 0% offer on!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi they don't work together I believe as the flex fit takes up the space that the spacer saver sat in

·
Registered
109 Posts
Spireite said:
I've gone for an Exclusiv, 1.7D, AWD, Space Saver Wheel (trust me - best £100 anyone will ever spend on a car) & the Flex-Fix® bicycle carrier. Not 100% sure they can work in tandem, guess I'll find out once Vauxhall get the order.

I wanted an AWD 17.D, in the Tech Line, but was told "Private", as opposed to "fleet" buyers must pay cash. Seems silly to do so when there is a 0% offer on!
Alas the Space Saver and the FlexFit are incompatible as they take up the same space! You'll have to drop one of them.
My Mok is a 2wd Techline bought by me as a private customer. They couldn't offer me the 5years 0% deal, but they could offer me 1.99% over 5 years. This equals £1640 in interest, but as the Techline is £2000 cheaper, plus it includes the Navi 600, it's a better deal! Dealer was FG Barnes of Maidstone in Kent.

·
Registered
246 Posts
CarbonFlash said:
Spireite said:

Alas the Space Saver and the FlexFit are incompatible as they take up the same space! You'll have to drop one of them.
My Mok is a 2wd Techline bought by me as a private customer. They couldn't offer me the 5years 0% deal, but they could offer me 1.99% over 5 years. This equals £1640 in interest, but as the Techline is £2000 cheaper, plus it includes the Navi 600, it's a better deal! Dealer was FG Barnes of Maidstone in Kent.
I did the same as I thought it was a no brainer. The TechLine, as you say, has a £2850 price difference when you add in the Navi 600. Evans Halshaw offer 1.9% flat rate interest. Although they do add some fees which increases the APR from what it should be if no fees applied.
So not really sure why someone would order an Exclusive with the Navi 600 as even with a massive discount it cannot match the TechLine price, which can also be heavily discounted.
Or amI missing something?

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Spireite said:

Flexfit takes the space of the space saver wheel. Nothing to stop you having both. You will just need to store the space saver in the boot area. I didn't want to have a space saver so went for a full size alloy. Alas that won't fit in where the space saver wheel would fit so will need to make room in the boot area to store it and use the space of the flexfit/space sav to sto something else. Like you I thought it was a no brainer to want a spare wheel and although space will be taken up in the boot those with no flexfit and as space saver will have to be careful when going on holiday with a full boot area as if they have a puncture they would have no room to store the full size wheel which the space would have replaced (as someone pointed out in a post on one of the earlier threads). Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is abit of space under the boot liner but not enough to store a wheel aswell.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wellfan said:
CarbonFlash said:
Spireite said:

I did the same as I thought it was a no brainer. The TechLine, as you say, has a £2850 price difference when you add in the Navi 600. Evans Halshaw offer 1.9% flat rate interest. Although they do add some fees which increases the APR from what it should be if no fees applied.
So not really sure why someone would order an Exclusive with the Navi 600 as even with a massive discount it cannot match the TechLine price, which can also be heavily discounted.
Or amI missing something?
Thanks for that. Got the dealer reworking me a quote on a Techline + my specs. At 1.99%
As long as it's near to the repayments I have agreed for the Exclusive, then Ill be happy.
This Mokka owners club is 1st class. Once again thanks for your input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mokkadna said:
Spireite said:

Flexfit takes the space of the space saver wheel. Nothing to stop you having both. You will just need to store the space saver in the boot area. I didn't want to have a space saver so went for a full size alloy. Alas that won't fit in where the space saver wheel would fit so will need to make room in the boot area to store it and use the space of the flexfit/space sav to sto something else. Like you I thought it was a no brainer to want a spare wheel and although space will be taken up in the boot those with no flexfit and as space saver will have to be careful when going on holiday with a full boot area as if they have a puncture they would have no room to store the full size wheel which the space would have replaced (as someone pointed out in a post on one of the earlier threads).
Had a tyre shred on me on my DS3. An inflation kit wouldn't have been of any use. Nothing left to inflate! My space saver on that was a £75 optional extra. Best optional extra I've added.

Although it really should be standard.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You should be able to get a decent discount on the TechLine. I got £1295 off a white, diesel2 wheel drive from Evans Halshaw, so £16400 OTR. Was able to pay cash but 1.9% flat rate was available.
Just check the APR, as extras on the financemade it dearer than aClydesdale Bank loan at 5.1% APR.

Got to agree about the spacesaver. My daughter picked up her new Corsa a couple of months ago. One week later she got a small nail in her tyre. Put the glue in, as per instructions, and it came pissing back out through the nail hole. Total waste of time. Fortunately my wife had a Corsa with a spare which we were able to use until new tyre fitted.

If buying from Evans Halshaw I would advise you to give the car a thorough check before driving it off the forecourt. My car was in a sorry state.

Edited by: wellfan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts