Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so people are aware, the time scale I have been given for delivery is March at the earliest by my local dealer, Pentagon in Derby.

I have ordered the Mokka 1.7 CDTI SE Auto and they did ring through to check this information for me. Reasons given are that the Mokkas are being built at the same factory as the Antara in South Korea and build time is approx. 1 month from start of production not the day the order is placed and shipping takes a month, but they only ship when they have a enough to warrant this as would be expected.

Antaras currently have a wait of 4-5 months even though Vauxhall have stated they are trying to get production moving quicker, and with the Mokka having its official launch events over the next few weeks they will see an increase in orders.

Anyone who has been promised a quick delivery time has more likely been assigned a Mokka that the dealer had already got on order, which would mean it could already be in production.

I for one don't mind this delay as it means I'll be on the new 13 reg plate

I've gone for the Deep Espresso Brown with the brown leather interior, and it has already been nicknamed the Choca Mokka lol and I am the first one to order that colour through my local dealer. Being a Motability customer, mine will also need a left-foot pedal adaption fitted once it is at the dealer's, but that itself only takes a few hours. Really looking forward to picking it up.

·
Registered
506 Posts
When I ordered my Hyundai iX35 the waiting time for the 2.0 Diesel was 10 months
while I was able to get a 1.7 model in 2 weeks.

I'm surprised at the 4-5 month wait for the Antara as it seems there are very few on UK roads at least. I suspect the delay on both the Antara and the Mokka is due to having to wait until there are sufficient orders for the RHD model to make it worthwhile doing a different production run.

I shall be happy to wait once I've had the test drives, My only problem will be what to buy if the Mokka doesn't suit

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Could the suspension set up business be the reason my delivery has slipped (again) by two weeks?
Gone from dealer guesstimate of Mid November to Dec 28th, Jan 4th, now Jan 18th.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of Antaras have been ordered over the summer by Motability customers as they had dropped the advanced payments down really low due to a lack of sales, hence the delay, I was all for having one until I saw the Mokka being talked about a few months back.

I think dealers were being a bit presumptuous when giving estimates to people who ordered early. As a Motability customer, we are normally told an estimate of 12-13 weeks for a factory build depending on demand etc.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did you manage to test the Diesel engine Dawdy?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't but they said it is just like other diesel engines on current astra and zafira, I had a diesel astra auto 8 years ago, and i never found that a problem with high end noise. Currently drive a Citroen Grand Picasso semi-auto with the diesel engine and that is louder through lower gears, but i think it is a given on most diesel engines.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Whoo hoo!
" Step 2 - your car is built and having final quality checks before transportation
This stage was completed on 13 Nov 2012
Car arrival week (estimate):

11 Jan 2013 "

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just waiting for my tracking number, Pentagon rang on Wednesday and said the order had been placed that day.
Will be interesting to monitor it all, as I've also been told I could have a further slight delay with it having to be adapted as I have to have a left foot accelerator fitted due to my disability, and if mine is the first one in the country that needs this adaption it will be taken to Manchester and be the vehicle they use to design the specifications of the twin flip left foot accelerator for distribution to all the suppliers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Track my vauxhall gave me a build date today, delivery estimate 22nd February. Probably delay it a week if I can and get the new plate 1st march.

·
Registered
217 Posts
ordered mine mid july and now the delivery has slipped for the 3rd time to jan 25th
im looking elsewhere now had enough. id understand if it was a lamborghini

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mine went from 24th Dec to 28 Dec - 4 Jan - 18 Jan. Now Built (
) delivery 11th Jan.
Test drove 1.7 diesel SE manual, today. Steering suspension town and duel carriageway fine, had more pull than i had expected.
Sounded like a diesel, but then it is a diesel, not excessively loud and that's coming from a company BMW 520d. Had a Saab 9/3 1.9d before that, like shaking a bag of bolts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the same estimated delivery date, week commencing 11th Jan. However still stuck at stage one on track my Vauxhall
Come on GM pull your finger out

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good to hear positive comments on diesel
Out of curiosity what would you compare the overal refinement to in regards
To cabin noise. Did you use the stop/start. Did it jerk on start up.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Oooh a test drive for the diesel, I think we need a new thread!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I only did about 20 minutes in the suburbs and a mile on a duel carriageway.
Engine noise? Having been taught on a 1960 something Dennis fire engine with a crash gearbox, and am now a (very occasional) London taxi driver, it sounded like a diesel engine. didn't suddenly roar at 2.5k rpm like they claimed, I think the red line was 4ish. As I wrote above you could tell it was a diesel.
Cabin noise? Having had automatics for the last 9 1/2 years I didn't know if it was me stalling it or stop/start kicking in, I would turn that off for the first few weeks if I was buying a manual (Eco button) didn't notice wind noise on the duel carriageway when I floored it, it was just out of the box running in 'delivery mode' according to the dashboard. So (short) slip road on to busy A1 gave it some welly, the only noise came from the salesman, -
"We don't normally encourage hasty driving on test drives" hasty, how polite.
Had a poke and a prod, quality seemed good.
One thing, the tailgate when open rises to 6 foot 6 inches from the ground. 'Er indoors at 5 foot aint gonna reach the handle to pull it down. Tailgate strap ordered from Fleabay.
Being an SE it had sports seats, I'm sure it would have adjusted but the bit under my knees at the front of the squab stuck out too far, and sports seat might be ok, but I haven't got a sports a*se.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah the bit under the knees is pretty adjustable on the partial electrics I think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The SE i was in on the FF day had a handle right at the front of the seat underneath the bit sticking out. If pulled it allows you to move the piece forward and back (I will take a pic on Monday when i getback from hols and goto the dealers - yes multiple as want first class CS and seems to be lacking at some according to other thread). Unfort only found out after the drive but had a good play with it on both driver and passenger side as there is quite a big gap when pulled all the way forward but with my short legs (5"6) it should be all folded in.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Blum said:
the only noise came from the salesman, "We don't normally encourage hasty driving on test dives" hasty, how polite.
The rep i had was most amused with me doing 85 - 90mph on the A14, she was giggling and all sorts.

But that could have been because she just wanted me

1 - 20 of 38 Posts