Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, heres a question. Has anyone managed to order an SE model with the brighter stirling silver alloys that the Exclusive has as opposed to the darker SE standard midnight silver alloys?

I asked about this at my local dealer and was given a flat 'no'

Macca

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Macca,
I have ordered the exclusive model so no problems with wheels. However I did enquire as to the possibility of having blacked out windows from the techline model on the exclusive and was given a straight forward, "no!"
I was given no reason for this when I asked, "why not?"

Pathetic if you ask me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Only the SE has dark tinted windows B post rearwards according to my brochure, I am getting tints done at
http://www.jayswindscreens.co.uk/windscreen-repair-window-tinting.asp
If the flipping thing ever turns up. £165 and a tenner for loan car insurance for the day.
Be warned, it is a modification, Admiral wanted to charge for it Churchill didn't.
Vauxhall insurance wouldn't insure my sons Astra SRI because it had been modified - by Vauxhall!
Body kit and 20inch alloys, straight out of the showroom, now that is nonsense.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't think it's a question of WHERE the modifications have been done or by whom it is the consideration as to whether they make the car more attractive to thieves....alloy wheels and bodykits do just that which is probably why the insurance was refused...
Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after exchanging a few emails with Vauxhall the situation is this.

The dealer will process an order with a special request that the stirling silver alloys are fitted in place of the midnight silver alloys BUT its totally dependant upon what the guys on the production line choose to bolt on. So no guarantees whatsoever.

But half a chance is better than no chance at all eh?

Macca

·
Registered
506 Posts
Probably less than half a chance - even if the "right" wheels are fitted, you can almost guarantee that somewhere along the line quality control will see the "mistake" and change them back again

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah bud Derby Road, theres an exclusive in the showroom but they would be reluctant to swap the wheels as the showroom model is then 'mis-spec'd'

I'd have said they'd have had a pimped exclusive but hey ho there you go

Macca
Edited by: Macca

·
Registered
313 Posts
Can kinda see there point but most dealers these days put the wrong wheels on cars n call it 'special' lol putting higher spec wheels on a lower spec car can't be a bad thing can it? Lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would have nightmares that one side of the production line would see the special request & fit the brighter Exclusivstirling silver alloys & the other side of the production line would not see the special request&wouldfit the darker SE standard midnight silver alloys. Quality control would think they were seeing things. Mind you if they are missing the fitting of one of the SE badges then who knows?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the SE order and the special request for the Exclusive wheels has gone in now so i'm in the lap of the gods

4 months and i'll know either way

Macca

1 - 15 of 15 Posts