Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam led to believe that from 31st December vauxhall will be ceasing onstar.
I have this on my Mokka and to be honest have never used it.
The issue iam concerned about is whether stopping onstar will effect the other functions such h as WiFi and satellite navigation.
I read there will be a replacement in the pipeline but whether it will be offered or compatible to current vehicles fitted with onstar is another matter.
I think its a case of watch this space.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don’t think so the sat nav has its own received which is built in to the Ariel on the roof

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam led to believe that from 31st December vauxhall will be ceasing onstar.
I have this on my Mokka and to be honest have never used it.
The issue iam concerned about is whether stopping onstar will effect the other functions such h as WiFi and satellite navigation.
I read there will be a replacement in the pipeline but whether it will be offered or compatible to current vehicles fitted with onstar is another matter.
I think its a case of watch this space.
Thanks. You just confirmed my suspicions

·
Registered
876 Posts
My on star was never activated.so I think if it’s not been activated then it does not work and not linked to any thing

·
Registered
2 Posts
My on star was never activated.so I think if it’s not been activated then it does not work and not linked to any thing
hi yes it has been stopped, it was on a network that only works well in our city, outside of it, it wasnt worth paying for, plus coverage was very good, but on the plus side i did notice in places that i drove too, and my mobile had no signal it worked even only being 2 g

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
196 Posts
it wasnt worth paying for
OnStar will be missed. The WiFi wasn't the main point and you would be better off buying a dongle and whilst you could ask for routes to be sent direct to the Nav system the Nav itself will still work. OnStar had several useful benefits. If your car was stolen you could track it with OnStar and if you informed OnStar via the phone app they would track it for the police. You could check tyre pressures on your phone ( came in a lot more useful than you might think). But the main point was if you were involved in an accident OnStar would not only ask/talk to you but also call the emergency services. The service was manned 24/hrs and when my wife's Mokka was hit by an idiot turning into her at speed, 1am on a dark winters night and her Mokka X ending up on its roof that 'voice' really made a difference. Its a shame PAS didn't carry it over. It is still available the USA Welcome to OnStar: In-Vehicle Safety and Security System

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
The replacement called Vauxhall Connect is available on new vehicles. On Star Replacement?
Unfortunately it doesn't have the same facilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts