Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Chokka Mokka!!!!!

Aka a SE 1.7CDTi Auto in Deep Espresso Brown with the Cocoa/Saddle Up interior.

The colour is gorgeous, pics really do not do it any justice neither does the colour sample in showrooms or brochures.

When I arrived the sun was shining on it and it shimmered as if it had a dark copper flip on the brown base. Closer inspection and you can see all the metallic shades. Lush!!!

The interior is alot better in reality than on brochure pics too.

Only downside is that when the final inspections were done at the factory, a watermark was spotted in the paintwork above the number plate and so it will be in for a respray once all the paperwork has been sorted at no cost to myself :)

Pic shows part of the watermark (grey swirl) which runs along the tailgate above the number plate both sides of the VX badge

Edited by: Dawdy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the photos! - I don't think they do it justice though - just to be sure you should drive over to Cumbernauld and let me have a look, nae maybe even a shot, to make sure it's all ok

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, the colour is gorgeous, couldn't believe the metallic effect in the sunlight, just really hard to get it to show on a photo :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Only downside is that when the final inspections were done at the factory, a watermark was spotted in the paintwork above the number plate and so it will be in for a respray once all the paperwork has been sorted at no cost to myself :)
Did the dealer tell you this?
Any defects noted in the factory would be rectified before car left the factory.
A defective car would never be allowed to leave the factory.
Have you seen the watermark? Is it an issue for you that the car is to have new paint applied?
Loads of questions. Just a bit confused about the watermark and factory link.
Nice car though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fatman said:
Dawdy I totally agree about the metallic fleck when the sun hits it. Changes it's appearance completely.

according to my brother the effect is called flake pop

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wellfan said:
Did the dealer tell you this?
Any defects noted in the factory would be rectified before car left the factory.
A defective car would never be allowed to leave the factory.
Have you seen the watermark? Is it an issue for you that the car is to have new paint applied?
Loads of questions. Just a bit confused about the watermark and factory link.
Nice car though.
Saw the report myself, the factory didn't deem it as necessary but Motability did so it is being done, and yes I have seen the mark as they told me about it straight away and yes it is noticeable. Motability like things to be right, and who am I to complain lol as I will have the car for at least 3 years

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow!!... Looks so much better than any other photos I've seen!.. Seems like the gamble colour has well and truly paid off!... Looks brilliant.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Soundwave said:
Wow!!... Looks so much better than any other photos I've seen!.. Seems like the gamble colour has well and truly paid off!... Looks brilliant.
It certainly has
I only ever saw one pic on the internet which showed it had a metallic effect like it has but i thought it was down to the lighting and not the actual paintwork lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've ordered Deep Espresso also, but I had a good idea of what it would look like as my current car is an Insignia Sport Tourer4x4 in Macadamia which is a slightly deeper shade of brown but has the same effect in sunlight. It draws a lot of looks/comments.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Saw the report myself, the factory didn't deem it as necessary but Motability did so it is being done, and yes I have seen the mark as they told me about it straight away and yes it is noticeable. Motability like things to be right, and who am I to complain lol as I will have the car for at least 3 years

I am amazed that a car manufacturing company the size of Vauxhall would let a car leave its production factory with a 'fault report', and leave it up to the customer to decide if it was acceptable. Changed days. Fortunately it is Motability who is the customer, and they will want the car saleable in three years time when you have finished with it, hence the paint rectification. One does wonder what the dealer would have said if you were the paying customer!
Fortunately the small problem does not seem to be putting you off enjoying your new car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wellfan said:

I am amazed that a car manufacturing company the size of Vauxhall would let a car leave its production factory with a 'fault report', and leave it up to the customer to decide if it was acceptable. Changed days. Fortunately it is Motability who is the customer, and they will want the car saleable in three years time when you have finished with it, hence the paint rectification. One does wonder what the dealer would have said if you were the paying customer!
Fortunately the small problem does not seem to be putting you off enjoying your new car.
Just reading on this forum it shows that Vauxhalll have let plenty leave the factory not up to specification, hence all the AFL problems, cars with missing trim, already a recall as steering bolts not tightened properly, and many other manufacturers, some even bigger than Vauxhall do exactly the same, just some problems aren't noticed straight away. There are faults in every industry lol.

The motability rep for Vauxhall did say that Vauxhall weren't obliged to inform customers but it is something that is covered by warranty so they will rectify it if a customer notices, so there could be a few others out there with watermarks in the paintwork.

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
494 Posts
Colour looks Fab Dawdy, you must be well chuffed!!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts