Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mats & load tray have arrived in readiness for the imminent birth of my baby, well on12th April fingers crossed.
Here are some pics I hope may help you make a more informed choice as to whereto get yours from as there are several sources for these other than fromVauxhall.
Mine came from here with48hr delivery which wasfree due to the £85.48 valueof theorder:-

http://www.carmats4u.com/Vauxhall-Mokka-2012-Onwards/cid,2482211,index.html
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Luxury car mats with silver & black twin colour binding
Standard Rubber over mats not the heavy duty Premium ones
Boot tray
Free winter safety kit & a couple of air fresheners thrown in
Genuine Vauxhall rubber mats can also be had much cheaper
from here than directlyfrom thedealer:-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vauxhall-Mokka-Tailored-Rubber-Well-Floor-Mats-RHD-/290859026154?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but why do you need rubber mats as well as the luxury ones????
Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
313 Posts
well just ordered my load liner with rubber flap thingy lol :) nearly went for carpet inlay but then thought whyyy? lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wish I had a Mokka to put sny kind of mats in lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AlyG said:
Forgive my ignorance but why do you need rubber mats as well as the luxury ones????
I just love the smell of rubber.

Stanley knife & heavy duty rubber mat heaven

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fatman said:
I've seen people like you on the Internet Mark
And pray how did you perchance to stumble upon said internaughtiness?

Random Google search or pesky pop-up?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I finally have the car I have put the load tray in the boot. Pictures of mats to follow.

It sits nice & flush up to the back of the seats with the little corner cutouts just in the right place.

It's snug to the sides & is just high/low enough for the load securing hooks to fold out over it.

The only place where it might matterif it sticks up a little is the front curved side that's in the tailgate opening. This is because the false floor above the space saver wheel adds to the overal floor height.

It's not a problem though as because it is so flexible it can be flattened down as you slide something in or out but to be honest it doesn't stick up that much.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
584 Posts
You need another tray to protect you tray

·
Registered
572 Posts
Flat Eric said:
Now I finally have the car I have put the load tray in the boot. Pictures of mats to follow.

It sits nice & flush up to the back of the seats with the little corner cutouts just in the right place.

It's snug to the sides & is just high/low enough for the load securing hooks to fold out over it.

The only place where it might matter if it sticks up a little is the front curved side that's in the tailgate opening. This is because the false floor above the space saver wheel adds to the overal floor height.

It's not a problem though as because it is so flexible it can be flattened down as you slide something in or out but to be honest it doesn't stick up that much.

Ah so now I have a dilemma. There are great reviews for these suppliers as well as ultimate mats (or whatever they are called) so how do I decide where to go

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AlyG said:
Ah so now I have a dilemma. There are great reviews for these suppliers as well as ultimate mats (or whatever they are called) so how do I decide where to go
Don't ask a man where to go. As we always get lost.

My wife has a fool proof system.

Try everything be it size, colour, style , price yawn

Then she'llbuy the first one she looked at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the boot tray and standard rubber mats from carmats4u. I'm dissapointed with the quality for the price - they are a bit cheap and cheerful but the price wasn't. The rubber mats also have a chemical stink and still do 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
StuartUK said:
I got the boot tray and standard rubber mats from carmats4u. I'm disappointed with the quality for the price - they are a bit cheap and cheerful but the price wasn't. The rubber mats also have a chemical stink and still do 2 weeks later.
I found the load tray ok quality & much cheaper thanthe Vauxhall one. I paid £30 for the tray against the£60 Vauxhall wanted & £20 for the rubber mats against the £80 Vauxhall ones so not sure where you think the price wasn't cheerful in comparison. They haveused the same load traymaterial for commercial vehicles without any problems or returns.

I agree on the rubber mats smelling strongly, mine are banished to the garage till they settle down a bit. Hopefully come next winter when I will use them in anger they will be ok. I put heavy duty mats in the front of myDefender & lined the rear with rubber sheet & it was a bit "heady" for a while but that is the nature of some rubber.

The fabric mats are equal to more expensive mats I have had on other cars. Again at £35 against the£100 that Vauxhall wanted it was a no brainer. The package worked for me @ £85 instead of £240 from Vauxhall.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts