Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an email to say the onstar will end on Vauxhall's cars as of December 2020. This is due to Onstar being a GM thing and not being part of the package bought by PSA. I'm really not happy about this as it was one of the reasons I went for the car. Yet another reason why my current Mokka and my wife's Astra K will be our last Vauxhalls. Stick your cars somewhere devoid of the sunshine PSA
Edited by: Gary

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thought something had to be available as it was supposed to be an eu edict although i suspect it too trivial to be part of the brexit process beyond 2020

·
Registered
6 Posts
So Vauxhall cars are to loose on star services at the end of 2020. Does anyone know if this is legal because the onstar system in our cars cost money to us whe we bought them? Edited by: Dave mc

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Perfectly legal and you need to check the T&Cs' to which you implicitly agreed when starting to use the service. These state:

" we may terminate this Agreement at any time upon thirty (30) days priorwritten notice to You.

Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, You must immediately stop using
<div style="left: 248.833px; top: 711.494px; font-size: 16.6px;">the Services and Yourlicense to the Software is automatically and immediately terminated"

Source: https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/gmownercenter/gme/opel/onstar_legal/onstA**ervices_userterms_uk_english.pdf

Bloody stupid filter takes out the word Onstar as the next two characters are se and that would spell o n s t a rse you need to edit the link above to read the T&Cs

GM can claim that OnStar was a no-cost option and Peugeot can equally calim that they did not buy this 'asset' when acquiring Vauxhall/Opel.

Edited by: nigelbrooks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vauxhall or its new owners will find a lot of lost customers very shortly. No company gives you equipment for nothing. When I bought my Mokka X I'm sure it wasn't available on all the models and this type of equipment was going to be made a requirement by the EU shortly so I guess the first consequence of brexit will mean the surveillance of people driving cars will be stopped”ï¸� Buyer beware eh?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had the same e-mail today regarding this. My Onstar goes through until March 2020 when my Mokka X Elite is 3 years old. I have been a Vauxhall owner for many years but this seems to be the end for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Said that earlier, Vauxhall now French owned will never have the customer loyalty GM had. Over the years I've bought about 15 new Vauxhalls and gone away from them but returned later. Can't see that happening again especially now the owners have changed. Might look at Nissan or Mazda next.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Dave mc said:
Said that earlier, Vauxhall now French owned will never have the customer loyalty GM had. Over the years I've bought about 15 new Vauxhalls and gone away from them but returned later. Can't see that happening again especially now the owners have changed. Might look at Nissan or Mazda next.
I would avoid Nissan like the plague. Unless you like driving a rebadged and re-bodied Renault with dodgy electrics.

Like a few here I moved to Vauxhall from Nissan. my last Nissan, a top of the range Note, was off the road for 33 days during the three year lease with AC, Heater and electrics issues. Water leaked like a sieve.

·
Registered
10 Posts
nigelbrooks said:
Dave mc said:
I would avoid Nissan like the plague. Unless you like driving a rebadged and re-bodied Renault with dodgy electrics.

Like a few here I moved to Vauxhall from Nissan. my last Nissan, a top of the range Note, was off the road for 33 days during the three year lease with AC, Heater and electrics issues. Water leaked like a sieve.

I can concur with that reply, before I bought the Mokka, due to being bought over by the French, I was looking a the the Nissan qasqai but after reading about the reliability issues I gave it a swerve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too briefly went to Nissan after the engine on my Insignia let go, bought a Qashqai and had it for only 4 weeks before chopping it in for the Mokka. Was hugely unimpressed with the Qashqai. I know they get rave reviews but to me some of the design and build quality was not great.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The quashqai gets extreemely high rating for its "real world emissions" some 14 times higher than permissable i believe - how they sell in vast numbers is beyond me as they are so polluting

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Because they are very heavily discounted and you can pick one up for way less than list.

A base model QQ can be yours for under £18500 via carwow (just checked) . About £18000 more than I would pay for one!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts