Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my car in this morning (a 2007 Vauxhall Astra Twintop in Black with Leather and all the toys) which i have had for over 3 years which is the longest i have ever had the same car i got a pang of sadness that i am moving on!!!
Is was the"SPORT" button that did it!!! Not to mention the Roof Down capability

I REALLY am very excited to get my Mokka but have a little tear in my eye as well

Does anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was thinking about that this morning driving into work, someone pulled beside me and I of course had to obliged and activated the sports button...

Soo gonna miss that, won't be able to do that in my mokka...

Will be sad to see my 3door 1.8 Astra Sri Xp go

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is my little bit of memory of the sports button:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Memories!!!!

Not actually mine but close enough

·
Registered
490 Posts
I handed my 'old faithful' over for part-ex in November. A Ka2 in 'Not Boracay' metallic blue, complete with £14.99 rims (fleabay). My very first car. bought in 2009 for £1100, ended up spending more than that on welding, new tyres, bonnett catch, bonnett release, exhaust, cat, door handle. I missed it at the time of handover as it was my first motor. I nicknamed it "stabbed rat" as that's what it went like, and i drove it hard.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not wishing to besmerch your memory LS, but a Ka2 - a stabbed rat? Do you mean one that had been fixed to the floor with the same knife?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Me and the Mrs were saying the other day we will be sad to see her go. Ive spent alot modding her and still have a list of things i would like to install.

Here is a few pics

<br style="color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">
<br style="color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">
<br style="color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">

·
Registered
490 Posts
Glassy said:
Not wishing to besmerch your memory LS, but a Ka2 - a stabbed rat? Do you mean one that had been fixed to the floor with the same knife?
LoL,i know what you mean butas the car was so small and weighed about 800kg (i think) it flew like Mario Kart.... i was quicker than most off at the lights (much to the annoyance of the early morning BMW drivers who's lane merged into mine shortly after).

Or maybe it was just my driving style? (which would suggest how i got 9 points in one week in my first 3 onths of driving
)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like it must be your driving style then

Onward and upward Fatman!!! Imagine what you can now do to your Mokka!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all,
here's a pic or two of my Zafira. Gonna be sorry to see it go as i have enjoyed driving it and the added space and seats was very usefull. I believe it has been the best car I have owned to date (more fun than the A-class a couple of years ago) and hopefully my new Mokka (when arrives) will be better

N.B: The sport button on dashboard.

(as you can see from the pic, its raining again!)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Y'know I piled all the extras in to my current work Astra but I've got to say I've probably only pressed the sport button a handful of times - mostly to accelerate off quick at lights/dodgy junction.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well I am trading in my Abarth 500 which is 165bhp and 298nm of torque and weights just over a ton and she is an animal... one very very quick car that handles like a dream but just not practical so sad times...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I will most definatley miss my 888
240bhp
280lb/ft
Or there abouts
Grip anywhere, quicker than most of the newer hot hatches, awesome looks (although front splitter is a pain in the ass) and just general good memories (nurburgring, san bernardino pass, stelvio pass, and just the alps in general) and other memories from 5 years of ownership.

I wont however miss the maintenance costs (although dont think an mot will ever cost as much as my 2008 one did, damn valve stem seals!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too, will at times miss the sport button in my Astra but one things for sure I wont miss the m32 gearbox in it which is starting to sound iffy.
Great car there Andy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah I can imagine that you spent a fair amount of time at the pumps. Shell will be sad to see you with the Mokka lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A neat selection of prior cars guys. My prior car will also evoke a pang of sadness when it goes to the Car Park in the sky. But it isn't because of it's performance or kit, cos it had very little of both. A '97 Pug 106 1.1 XN. 1st car - had it for 12 years, tiny maintenance budget, economical, simple, agile and great 0-20! Full of character and dents though, but when the electrics go on a French car, it's usually serious, and to lose all power at 70mph on the Motorway twice in a week, it was time for the auto-Dignitas treatment. I've tried to squeeze the very last value out of it by siphoning the tank, but the blinking fuel pipe from the filler cap to the tank was too long! Never mind eh - the Pug is eyeing up the new Mokka outside my house as I speak...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts