Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my mokka 64 reg, for 1 month. Yesterday I got a code 82. And the oil % was 5. I have booked car in for a service on Tuesday. Does this mean I can’t drive it till then. Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes you can drive it .its only telling you the service is due .it is only a gimmick but people believe it but it makes money for the dealer .how many miles have you done since last service.oil is good for 20k .mine says 20% but not getting a service till end of September whether it comes on or not

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you got it from a car dealer I would have asked for a service

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Swinton. It has done about 6000 miles since last service. The seller put a 12 months mot on the car, and gave me a 6 months warrenty . It is just 12 months since last service. Thanks , joe, ( Bolton)

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts
Yes you can drive it .its only telling you the service is due .it is only a gimmick but people believe it but it makes money for the dealer .how many miles have you done since last service.oil is good for 20k .mine says 20% but not getting a service till end of September whether it comes on or not
That's rather a bold statement to make especially regarding a turbo assisted engine, but each individual would have different opinions. Personally I have always changed mine around 10,000 miles regardless whether a service was due.

"Today’s turbos are complex, but they’re still inherently reliable. Less than 1% of turbo failures are due to a fault with the turbo itself, over 90% are oil-related. Correct, clean oil is vital for turbos. A turbine shaft spins up to 6,000 times every second (an amazing 360,000 rpm), in temperatures of up to 950°C, and is protected by just a thin film of oil on the shaft bearings. Any problem with the oil will damage the bearings or oil seals, inevitably leading to turbo failure."

Reactions: Mr. Bean

·
Registered
521 Posts
It may be a statement but that is how I have done the service for the last 40yr never had a problem.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Does any one on the forum with a turbo .after a run how many let there engine idle for a minute to allow the turbo to slow down .the oil change comes on after the last service whether you have done a 1k or 100k it is pre set to come on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does any one on the forum with a turbo .after a run how many let there engine idle for a minute to allow the turbo to slow down .the oil change comes on after the last service whether you have done a 1k or 100k it is pre set to come on
thank you swinton. joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
It may be a statement but that is how I have done the service for the last 40yr never had a problem.
And those were all turbo engines?

oil is good for 20k
For long tourers maybe. But short distance drivers put a lot of strain on the oil due to the thinning of petrol. And then it can be finished much earlier. Such statements are problematic!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts