Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My mokka was booked in for its yearly service and first MOT on Saturday which has quite rightly so been cancelled. However I need to put oil in as just about registering on the dipstick (no snide comments about letting it get that low, if the service was going ahead it would be fine) but I don’t know what oil to get. I’ve done a search online and it bought back loads and I wouldn’t want to put the wrong one into it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Hi StValDay and welcome to this Forum.
It has to be GM 5W30 Dexos 2 as used by Vauxhall but now most oil manufacturers are doing Dexos2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi StValDay and welcome to this Forum.
It has to be GM 5W30 Dexos 2 as used by Vauxhall but now most oil manufacturers are doing Dexos2.
Thank you so much for your help, the guy on Vauxhall’s “Helpdesk” stock response was ‘service desk is closed’
Much appreciated I’ll get some ordered, I just won’t let at the price lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
The oil spec is also in the manual and should also be noted in the service booklet, if you need advice like that I find the parts department usually more knowledgable as they are the ones supplying the so called technicians so tend to know their stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil spec is also in the manual and should also be noted in the service booklet, if you need advice like that I find the parts department usually more knowledgable as they are the ones supplying the so called technicians so tend to know their stuff.
Thanks but due to current situation the service desk/parts department are closed until further notice hence my cry for help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You could arrange for your MOT with local MOT station Halfords / Kwikfit ect. They are allowed to open under goverment guidelines it is a legal requirement for your car to be on the road at the same time you could ask for OIl and Filter change. This should not have any effect on any warrenty you may have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could arrange for your MOT with local MOT station Halfords / Kwikfit ect. They are allowed to open under goverment guidelines it is a legal requirement for your car to be on the road at the same time you could ask for OIl and Filter change. This should not have any effect on any warrenty you may have.
I’m on a Service Plan so get my MOT at a reduced rate. I’m not going to pay extra for someone else to do with that I’be already paid for. I’ll just stick the oil in and Vauxhall can sort it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't see if your mokka is petrol or diesel. Engine oil is different. Dexos 1 gen 2 for petrol, Dexos 2 for diesel

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks but due to current situation the service desk/parts department are closed until further notice hence my cry for help.
Yup that’s why I said the info can also be found in 2 of the booklets that should be with the car.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
As the warranty is about to expire that's not an issue, but hands up everybody wanting a Halfords own oil filter on their car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
As the warranty is about to expire that's not an issue, but hands up everybody wanting a Halfords own oil filter on their car.
I’ve booked mine in already ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see if your mokka is petrol or diesel. Engine oil is different. Dexos 1 gen 2 for petrol, Dexos 2 for diesel
I’ve checked the owners manual as suggested in another reply and it dexos 2 for petrol or diesel for All European countries with European service interval. So I’m going to reorder the dexos 2.
Thank you though :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I’ve checked the owners manual as suggested in another reply and it dexos 2 for petrol or diesel for All European countries with European service interval. So I’m going to reorder the dexos 2.
Thank you though :)
The latest oil recommendation is Dexos 1 Generation 2 for petrol cars, that is the oil your Vauxhall dealer would use and has been implemented since your manual was printed. that is the oil invoiced on my dealer services.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.