Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officially rejected the car today as lights cant be sorted to a satisfactory outcome. They have a design fault and thats all that can be said. Have handed the keys back and walked away. obviously alot to sort out over the next few days but ive had enough. Anyone who is waiting for there mokka with AFL lights dont sign for it whatever you do. Youll regret it without a doubt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Suv31 you mentioned in your last post you were going to try and get them adjusted higher without affecting oncoming drivers,Was this not successful or couldn't it be done.... It a shame you handed it back as the mokka it a good car

My condolences Edited by: Mokkita

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
SUV31 you said in your previous post that the AFL had been withdrawn, they haven't been - they are just now an option. I'm guessing you want to protect your sources but was this member of Vauxhall a member of HQ? We're they technical and how high up were they. Have you emailed Justin about the matter? Who were your dealers and what happened at the dealership when you returned the car to them?

·
Registered
246 Posts
SUV31 said:
Officially rejected the car today as lights cant be sorted to a satisfactory outcome. They have a design fault and thats all that can be said. Have handed the keys back and walked away. obviously alot to sort out over the next few days but ive had enough. Anyone who is waiting for there mokka with AFL lights dont sign for it whatever you do. Youll regret it without a doubt.
Well done you. Vauxhall definitely taking the
with you guys with AFL. Far too many Vauxhall apologists on this forum. Time to wake up and smell the roses. Vauxhall is a business like any other. Profit is their driving force, and so it should be. However, if you are weak and apologetic they will shaft you. I will be accused of being too cynical, but
it.
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wellfan,

Your spot on its time to draw a line under the problem

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Have they just accepted that you have handed the car back or have they said that they will be taking the matter further. I can't see that they would be happy to take the car back.
I have a mate who had a new 4x4 which had problems with vibrations when towing. He researched it online and found that many other owners of the same make and model of the car had had problems. He had legal protection cover insurance insurance who took the case on and he eventually won his case (but didn't get all his money back as the court took off some for fair wear and tear due to the fact that he had had use of the car , but he had to keep the car off the road for nearly two years, whilst it all played out in the civil courts.
I hope that all goes well for you though if that is what you have decided to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i spent ages talking with the dealer principle and it got a little heated. took all documentation in etc. yes i know i will lose money and yes i know it will potentially take a lot of time but im not prepared to be strung along anymore.
I think that in the long run ill have to take legal advice etc but i also feel that the 2nd hand value of the mokka with AFL will plummet as its well publicised of the unfixable problem.

·
Registered
572 Posts
SUV31 said:
well publicised of the unfixable problem.
Where? I'd like to have the links so I can see because when I have tried to google it i only come up with links to this forum and an honestjohn review ....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
SUV31 said:
i spent ages talking with the dealer principle and it got a little heated. took all documentation in etc. yes i know i will lose money and yes i know it will potentially take a lot of time but im not prepared to be strung along anymore.
I think that in the long run ill have to take legal advice etc but i also feel that the 2nd hand value of the mokka with AFL will plummet as its well publicised of the unfixable problem.
Best of luck to you, I think your main problem is proving the AFL issue is unfixable. Members who had AFL issues originally and ended up having hardware replacements have said they consider it to be fixed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't agree that you need to show the problem cannot be fixed, surely all you need to demonstrate is that after a reasonable time they have failed to resolve the issue, over to a solicitor

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep jcol is right. Anything can be fixed given a long enough period. Its whether you have given them and they can/have fixed it in a reasonable period.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a mulT*Tude of information to hand solicitors if needed. I think that 4 months to fix a problem is enough. My car was delivered faulty and is still faulty. Vauxhall discontinuing the lights is a big alarm for anyone. If it was a case of hardware problems then why wouldn't vauxhall change the lights. It's because it's a design fault and if it could be fixed it would cost vauxhall too much money so this is what they offer. Disgraceful dishonest and down right unacceptable

·
Registered
422 Posts
SUV31 said:
I have a mulT*Tude of information to hand solicitors if needed. I think that 4 months to fix a problem is enough. My car was delivered faulty and is still faulty. Vauxhall discontinuing the lights is a big alarm for anyone. If it was a case of hardware problems then why wouldn't vauxhall change the lights. It's because it's a design fault and if it could be fixed it would cost vauxhall too much money so this is what they offer. Disgraceful dishonest and down right unacceptable
I don't disagreewith you, not one little bit.Personally, I would have taken the solicitors advice 1st.

·
Registered
506 Posts
SUV31 said:
Vauxhall discontinuing the lights is a big alarm for anyone.
Please explain. As far as I am aware the AFL lights have NOT been discontinued, they are now listed as an optional extra?

·
Registered
817 Posts
theforestdweller said:
SUV31 said:
Vauxhall discontinuing the lights is a big alarm for anyone. 
Please explain. As far as I am aware the AFL lights have NOT been discontinued, they are now listed as an optional extra?
With you on this one theforestdweller

AFL's now have to be paid for. They arent being discontinued. VX are just being like every other manufacturer. Load a brand new model at launch then remove features as standard so that customers pay.

Please have your facts correct when you brief your solicitors, just incase they use this to discredit your evidence.

Its turning into a who dunnit. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I was told from vcs that they are being withdrawn. If there now still an option then I stand corrected . I can't understand how they can be available still given that they can't be set up correctly and are inherently faulty.
Each to there own and if your happy with them then that's good. I'll be glad to see the back of my mokka.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is only a personal opion but, did you really want a Mokka in the first place?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Carbon Flashy said:
This is only a personal opion but, did you really want a Mokka in the first place?

+1

End of the day it is the dealer that has taken the car back not VX as VX would of told you that the fix would be coming. The dealer has prob had enough so it is easy to take the car back and sell it on and make a good profit on your car in the process.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts