Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the best place for Mokka 'technical' like probe testing O2 sensors, wave forms (good / bad) where to purchase O2 sensor #2. w2hats the difference between pre and post CAT sensors?

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Above post moved from Newbies.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is this the best place for Mokka 'technical' like probe testing O2 sensors, wave forms (good / bad) where to purchase O2 sensor #2. w2hats the difference between pre and post CAT sensors?
It could be that the sensors are indeed different but from my experience more often than not, the main difference is the length of the cable due to the physical location of the sensors.

Theoretically it would be easier to calibrate two identical sensors rather than two different sensors.

What engine do you have? I'll check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m a newbie just saying hi .I need to replace my o2 sensor on my 1.6 petrol 2015 mokka .It is the one after the cat sensor 2 .I have tried several places to buy one ,but they only stock the front sensor number 1 .Does anyone know if sensor 1 and 2 are the same and if not does anybody know what part I need for sensor 2 after the cat .Thankyou

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Now merged and hopefully receive your answer.

Reactions: Mig

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m a newbie just saying hi .I need to replace my o2 sensor on my 1.6 petrol 2015 mokka .It is the one after the cat sensor 2 .I have tried several places to buy one ,but they only stock the front sensor number 1 .Does anyone know if sensor 1 and 2 are the same and if not does anybody know what part I need for sensor 2 after the cat .Thankyou

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply.The one I need is the lambda sensor on the flexi exhaust .I assume this would be the lower/ post Cat .But the lower ones on sale don’t look like mine but the pre / before cat does look like mine .Mine doesn’t have the holes half way up the body ,just around the tip.Slightly confused .Is the one near the exhaust manifold /engine classed as pre cat .Thankyou .

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My problem is that I’m confused as to what they call pre cat .I would assume it is the sensor closest to the engine before the cat ,but mine is the one in the flexi exhaust joint which I would assume as after the cat .The after cat ones don’t look like the one I took out .This is what mine looks like which I took out of the flexi exhaust .
FC030083-ED7F-4271-9BAF-302369B4CE59.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply.The one I need is the lambda sensor on the flexi exhaust .I assume this would be the lower/ post Cat .But the lower ones on sale don’t look like mine but the pre / before cat does look like mine .Mine doesn’t have the holes half way up the body ,just around the tip.Slightly confused .Is the one near the exhaust manifold /engine classed as pre cat .Thankyou .
Like this?
Just checked and this is listed for the 1.6 and the 1.4, but that cannot be correct as they have different part numbers. Look for part number 55573711.

Here is an eBay listing of a used one showing the part number on the sensor. I have bought used before on eBay with no issues, but if you search the part number on eBay you wil also see new ones listed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts