Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been given cheep poor quality plates held on by giant silver self tapper screws that look awful or is it just EVANS HALSHAW that put their cars out as cheep as posible.The laminated cover has started to peel off already (3 weeks old)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine were exactly the same (crap) from the same dealer plus not fitted level, awaiting a replacement with the holes drilled correctly, hope it's a better quality one. Shame to spoil a lovely car for the sake of a few quid

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine are the same, also from Evans Halshaw. really Naff screws which came loose and the plate dropped.

took it back to get them fitted correctly. Seems ok for now but the fixings don't look up to much.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
numberplates changed last night without questionstill look to be poor quality
Its like a moustash on the Mona Lisa such a lovely car with crap plates.
Come on vauxhall provide Quality parts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was thinking of getting some pressed plates made up when i get mine. However its a grey area with the legal side.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Fatman said:
I was thinking of getting some pressed plates made up when i get mine. However its a grey area with the legal side.
ANPR is not your friend when it comes to number plates.

And you wouldn't want my mate Tissey following you.

Simply put "All number plates must adhere to British Standard BS AU 145d,which must be marked on the plate, along with the name and postcode of the manufacturer and the supplier of the plates."

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/overview

If you can get pressed ones that cancomply with the above then you are good to go. That said there are plenty of dodgy plates on carsdriving around that seem to be exempt along with those withblacked out front sidewindows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts