Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When invaded in my Corsa in May told dealer I wished to retain numbe for the mokka I was ordering. No problem says he. Two weeks later letter from Swansea tells me Corsa has new number.
Mokka arrived at dealer last weekend. Monday phone call from dealer to say if I want to pick car up on 27 the the only was he can assure this is if I take it with 14 plats. This would mean me changing details on insurance and changing again when number plate reallocated.
Not amused . Will just wait. Never had this problem. Before.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Silverback1941 said:
When invaded in my Corsa in May told dealer I wished to retain numbe for the mokka I was ordering. No problem says he. Two weeks later letter from Swansea tells me Corsa has new number.
Mokka arrived at dealer last weekend. Monday phone call from dealer to say if I want to pick car up on 27 the the only was he can assure this is if I take it with 14 plats. This would mean me changing details on insurance and changing again when number plate reallocated.
Not amused . Will just wait. Never had this problem. Before.

Have you got your retention certificate from the DVLA?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No retention certificate just a V11. , tax reminder or SORN declaration. It is my hope that retention cert went to dealer!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have my retention cert, hoping its straight forward to register straight onto the car. I'm toying with the idea of having a new number until end of Feb then put my plates on, not sure yet still mulling over.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Silverback1941 said:
No retention certificate just a V11. , tax reminder or SORN declaration. It is my hope that retention cert went to dealer!

Why not wait until 1st of September, get the new registration, and by then you should have the retention document to change it at your leisure.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
On line yesterday to Gov UK and placed my wife's cherished number on retention for a fee of £80. After filling in the basic form, paying the fee and within seconds the original plate number was received with instruction to apply it as soon as possible which I did this morning. The V5C (log book) should arrive in 3-5 days. Compared to previous experiences, this is such an improvement.
Just checked the Gov UK website and our MokkaX has its original registration number. Well done Gov UK.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Same here, never had a problem changing over my plate from one car to another -- the retention cert is the passport to success -- when I put my plate on the mokka it was so simple -- had plates made up at my local garage -- used my mobile to get on DVLA website -- followed the instruction and within minutes a message came telling to fit plates immediately -- whilst garage were fitting plates I ran my insurance to change over plates, no charge from insurance -- so, so, simple it was a matter of minutes to do

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Yes, forgot to mention that; I phoned our insurance company shortly afterwards with the changed registration and also no charge. 👍

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
V5c (log book) arrived this morning, how quick was that. (y)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had a look at my V778 retention document for my private plate, it expires in 2028. Arnold Clark paid the £80 fee and I've never bothered to put it on, in fact it's becoming doubtful if I ever will. I paid £1,000 for it but since it's highly personal to me, doubt if I could ever get anything like that back for it. That'll teach me to indulge in vanities.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a good question Swinton. Arnold Clark even made up a free set of number plates for me and I had every intention of changing over to the private reg, I just lost the notion somehow. I did have a parking notice issued against the personal plate and just kept ignoring the letters so quite enjoyed being able to park in that area again without fear of the car being towed away (ha ha). Maybe once spring time comes in I might get the notion to change them.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Today received our Retention Document (V778) by post, all completed within five days. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts