Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping Blum would help out, but if anyone has got the answer that would be helpful.

I want to change the number plate lights to LED's, have you done this to our mokka yet! if so, can you recommend which bulb i should get?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not wishing to hijack this thread I thought I would mention the number plate fixings. My mokka arrived at the dealers yesterday and I went to have a look it and can't tell you how unimpressed I was with the way the number plates are fixed on. They use bare galvanised screws which look cheap and nasty and very Heath Robinson, no attempt has been made to cover them or blend them into the colours of the plate it'self or the black numbers. All the other vauxhalls there were the same. Not what you would expect on a £22K brand new car and "spoiling the ship------ etc" springs to mind.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wedge T10 12v 5 Watt.
Push holder from left side of car to unclip bulb holder (again with very little cable), thumb twist anti clock, pull T10 from holder. This was the left holder, push from left against plastic spring on right, same with right side one according to manual.

You wouldn't want to fit LEDs that emit light from the end, forward facing type meant for sidelights etc, better with ones that have their light along the body of the bulb unit.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks like I have to get new ones when I get my Mokka. I got 39mm LED type bulbs in my current car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the info Blum..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts