Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rang up my dealer yesterday evening (Marshalls of Ely) to tell them i was dropping my knacker of a Ka off on Saturday instead of Monday 5th to be told " Oh, has nobody rang you... we close our doors on Friday". Spoke to the sales chap i've been dealing with, everyting is still in place, my car is still being built and all the negotiated deals we done together still stand, except now my car is being finalised and delivered to Peterborough which is the nearest Marshall Vauxhall and is an hour away from my gaff (to put this in perspective Marshalls Ely was 10mins WALK from my house).
Am handing my KA over tomorrow along with the following choices:

A) I want my car delivered to my house,
B) I want my car delivered to any other Marshall Group in Cambridge (Ford, Honda, etc)
C) I want a full tank (not the piss dribble to get me to the garage) of fuel in the Mokka to compensate the fact my wife has got to waste 2hrs / 80miles of fuel to drop me at the Peterborough branch and i have to waste 40miles of fuel getting the Mokka home.

Don't know if they will go for any of these but i suspect the fuel option might be my best bet. Annoyingly i can't move my 'deal' to Vauxhall Cambridge as it's not part of the Marshall Group but i can cancel, lose my January delivery date and re-order with them with a new deal in place and obviouslya later date.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I would not want to go through the cancel process and have to re-order. Them delivering it to you sounds like the best option and I know some other dealers have done this in the past.

You can always service it at any other dealer once you get it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have got the car being delivered to my house with a full tank of fuel for the inconvenience. Judging by the look on the face of the top honcho from the Peterborough branch i think that the chap i was dealing with at the Ely branch of Marshalls should not have knocked £778 off the price of the Mokka (part ex price for my Ka), done me the luxury mats for half priceor knocked £150 off the combine cost of gap insurance and paint / interior protection.
Me thinks i've ended up with a bit of a deal here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts