Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooohoooo!
It looks like my Mokka will be delivered to me next Monday!!!

They wanted to deliver this Friday but i'm in Germany on business - would have loved the weekend to play with it and get everything set up.

It's a Techline 1.7 cdti 2wd Boracay Blue with AFL, rear camera and flex-fit

Like many of you been waiting a while, lease company confirmed order on 4th October and I now just can't wait. Been reading reports of those that have been lucky enough to already have them and although i'm going to miss my Volvo V50 1.6d (most comforatble seats ever in any car i've sat) the Mokka is going to be fun.

Will post pics when it arrives...... just a week to go

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Next week can't come soon enough. Get those pics coming thick and fast, inside and out. Still a bit of a await for me so need to get my fix before then.
Don't forget to give us a review on what you think of the mokka and how it drives.
Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andy
Live and work in Wolverhampton - not a million miles away from Brierley Hill.

Will try and get some pics up as soon as i can, but probably won't be for a couple of weeks as i will be away the weekend after receiving it - doesn't feel right condemning a new car to 5 days in the long term carpark at Birmingham airport - may have to change to short/medium term so at least it is under cover

·
Registered
94 Posts
In order to get our "Mokka Fix" we might just all pass by Birmingham Airport over the next few weeks and do a pre-Easter"Search the Mokka" lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yea it would be a shame and but I think it would be safer at the dealers to be honest.

The mrs mom and dad live in Wolvohampton by west park.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm t'other side of Wolvo' out by the Hospital.
Moved up here from down sowff nearly 10 years ago - it was a bit of a culture shock. Been learning the local language ever since and (whispers quietly) now really like this part of the world.

And now it looks like i'm going be setting new standards for vehicles adorning the roads of Wolverhampton - the first (well i haven't see any others) Boracay Blue Mokka! Just a shame they didn't do a Wanderers orange to really endear me to the locals.

·
Registered
505 Posts
haha it ay arf a culture shock ar kid. Yow dow know what yaw bin missin round ere.

It aint a bad place. I do venture over your way for a Pizza Hut every now and again at bently bridge.

It will look good tho. And willdefinitelyturn some heads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the Mokka est arrive!
Delivered safely this morning and it looks lovely. The Boracay Blue is a real vibrant colour and although metallic does look a bit peralescent in certain light - in certain light it is really bright and sometimes it looks really dark. The 18" alloys reall set it off nicely aswell, they're almost too big.

It's a car that has road presence, so far both myFinance and Managing Director have wanted to see it - thats a first, they drive Q5 and X3 respectively and weren't in the slightest bit interested in my colleagues Yeti.

Been out for a quick 20 mile blast at lunchtime and compared to my old Volvo V50 the engine does feel a bit gruff and is certainly noiser at M'way speeds. The ride and steering feel OK, it feels a bit weird sitting up higher but all in all, i'm delighted with it.

Surprised i have to install the Sat Nav myself, and of course getting used to where everythingis, but will spend a bit reading the manual and play with it tonight - need to pair my blackberry and suss out how to play music via a memory stick.

Will report back on anything else i discover about it - good or bad, and will get some pics as soon as I can - in particular of the FlexFit bike carrier.

Fingers crossed AFL do what they should when I drive home tonight!

Ciao

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can't believe you have to install the SatNav yourself...I will ensure this is done if I can manage it as I think that is a bit of a cheek in a car we've all been waiting so long to get!

Please let me know about the FlexiFit as I'm getting that too.

Happy Motoring :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ha, looks like they couldn't use it, aren't they supposed to demo all the vehicle functions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately the delivery driver had already shown everything to our 'fleet manager', why on earth she didn't contact me to let me know the car had arrived........ anyway, by the time i got involved the delivery driver was keen to be on his way and deliver my old car somewhere.
I know this shouldn't really be in this section, but the AFL were out of alignment when i left work last night - dazzling all and sundry as i weaved my merry way home. Big thumbs up to Lex Luthor (Autoleasing), phoned them at 17.45 and they got me in to my local Wolves dealer for this morning to look at. And pleased to say they, Evans Halshaw, sorted it promptly - just 25 mins from when i arrived to when i left. OK the coffee and general enviroment didn't match the facitities at the Volvo garage i used to frequent - but they sorted the job. Service Manager couldn't believe it hadn't been picked up in the pdi - seems to be a common theme.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Detail an email to VCS (Vauxhall Customer Services) please, this PDI stuff really needs to be improved.

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Detail an email to please, this PDI stuff really needs to be improved.
Totally agree with you mate. What a shambolic way to run a business. They couldn't organise the proverbial pi$$up in a brewery. Clowns the lot of them.

There is no continuity or follow up to the ever growing list of common faults.It's not rocket science that these faults will in all probability show up regularly but in a random selection of dealers. In fact it's already happening so they need to react.

Are VCS (Vauxhall Customer Services) like ostriches? They must have their heads in the sand. Why do they not cascade down any common faults to EVERY branch/dealer/lease company that sell these cars? At least then they will be forewarned & prepared & you won't be fobbed off with "it's the first we've everheard of it guv".

Perhaps I should take out a full page advert in the Times & spread the word to the dealersfor them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Flat Eric said:
DietCokeBloke said:
Detail an email to  please, this PDI stuff really needs to be improved.

Perhaps I should take out a full page advert in the Times & spread the word to the dealers for them.

They have the Times at your dealer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just sent an email to the Marketing Director. For some reason when i had enquired about whether or not my car would have the steering and suspension upgrades he had contacted me - so i figured he should be able to pass on information to the relevant person.
I'm sure he will be delighted to know that he invests a fortune in TV ads, free fuel weekends and i'm sure countless other activities that cost a small fortune, only to find that because a dealer saleman can't be bothered to return a call or a pdi can't be carried out satisfactorily, the customer might never buy another Vauxhall.

I think the statistic banded about was that it costs 9 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to retain a customer.

Sadly common courtesy, which equals customer service isdisappearing!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good idea, by the time they have finished the Beano and went through high school there should be Mokka's available to buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts