Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got my Mokka on Friday and have been playing all weekend. A 1.7 cdti Exclusiv in white. We got it from the dealers stock and it came with the Sat Nav optional extra which is really good.

We were looking for an SUV for our next car and the Mokka ticked all the boxes. Great car and so far very happy.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hi Andy welcome to the UK's biggest Mokka's owner forum ('cause we're the only one!).Please tell us more about the diesel engine and its performance, we're all desperate to know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read some of the reviews about the diesel engine being loud. Well it's louder than some I driven through 1 to 3 when you punch it. I chose then FWD model. You can feel the torque when pulling off.

The performance I feel is great but then I'm not a petrol head, £30 a year road tax and eco running costs along with a 100000 mile warranty will sell the Mokka.

The high seating position gives the feeling of a much bigger car. Plenty of room for a long legged 6' 2" guy in the front and back. it has a smooth gear change and cruises nicely. The steering is good, I took it on the back roads between Newbury and Basingstoke and it took the twists and turns with ease.

The Navi 600 is very good in my opinion. Although the Exclusiv doesn't come with it as standard, I got mine from the dealers stock and it was already fitted.

If the salesman doesn't offer, see if you qualify for the partners scheme, I'd never heard of it so the discount was a bonus.

Negative points. I've only had it 3 days and haven't found any yet.

Edited by: Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the quick review. I like the sound of not finding any problems. I take it youve been looking hard for all the gadgets and gizmos too?

I didnt think the engine and cab noise can be any where near close to my current car what ever gear or speedI was doing on the test drive ofthediesel 1.7.

Pleased to hear that it sounds okay with a few noises. Need to make sure the engine is on when your pulling away from the start/stop function i guess.

·
Registered
167 Posts
initially it was £100 with 124g Emission, but the c02 emmions chnaged to 120g which puts it in the £30 gategory

Petrol 1.6 - 153g C02 : £170

Petrol 1.4 Turbo4x4 - 149g C02 : £135

Diesel 1.7 - 120g C02 - £30

Diesel 1.7 auto- 139g C02 - £120

Diesel 1.7 4x4- 129 g C02 - £100

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stop/start and hill assist didn't take long too get used to. I spent a little time playing with the Navi, I think it's actually better than my TomTom, especially as it gets the traffic alerts which can be enabled whether a Sat Nav route is enabled or not.

I haven't used the cruise control yet so when I do, I'll update.

There are a few speed bumps and uneven roadsaround here, I didn't notice any problems with the dampening or the steering.
Edited by: Andy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Mokka is going great. I've been very impressed with it so far. Performance, handling but most of all the fuel economy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
From my test drive the hill assist kicks in if you have no gear selected and take your foot of the brake. Gives you chance to change gear if parking on a hill for example.It feels odd but will hold for 2-3 seconds delay before the vehicle rolls back/ forward.

Please correct me if I am wrong any owners out there who have more chance to play.

Nice photos I take it you have the exclusive Andy?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts