Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!I placed an order for a carbon flash 1.6 SE in Nov 2012 and was confirmed a build slot on 24 Jan 2013 with an estimated arrival date of 3 May 2013 - not happy waiting this long, but i seem to like the car too much to cancel my order & start looking for another car......any advice would be appreciated????.....Why are the orders taking so long....it seems others are also having to wait a while after reading this forum, yet some people got theirs quite quickly!

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would also like to add that i feel a bit silly registering on the Mokka Owners Club & posting in this forum when i still haven't received my Mokka and am still a long way off receiving my Mokka!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Most dealers have ordered in stock Mokkas, those that have got their Mokkas quite quickly will have been stock Mokkas.
A dealer has a limited number of factory build slots a month, once they have used them up the next build request will roll over to the next month's slots and so on. Dealers don't want to lose these slots and so if not filled they will order an easily sellable model for stock. Problem is that the demand for Mokka has been more than anticipated and so factory slots are rolling over like crazy and dealers desperate to be able to sell Mokkas have been putting in lots of stock requests. Some dealers if they are good or know they you won't be happy waiting will replace a scheduled stock build slot with your requirements.

If you want a Mokka with options (especially the flexfit) you'll more often be put down for a factory build. There might be a stock Mokka out there that fits your demands and will be ready for you in weeks not months but the thing is that you will have to do the hard work and be prepared for a compromise on colour or features. Contact your dealer to see if there's a similar Mokka in stock in their network and if not start a big ring round all other dealership networks localy and nationaly!

·
Registered
505 Posts
QueenMokka said:
I would also like to add that i feel a bit silly registering on the Mokka Owners Club & posting in this forum when i still haven't received my Mokka and am still a long way off receiving my Mokka!

Don'tfeel Silly. The majority of us have not got our Mokka yet, me included.

·
Registered
490 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
those that have got their Mokkas quite quickly will have been stock Mokkas
Mine was a factory build, was just lucky i suppose that i ordered beginning of October (way before the launch) and only myself and one other person had ordered from my dealers before they shut their doors. Still took 12 weeks though, but with the current waits that people are experiencing i'd call that quick enough for a factory build.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think you will find that the majority of forum members sign up when they haven't got their Mokka so no need to feel silly. Still not got mine yet and I ordered on the launch day.
Have to come on here for my monthly, no weekly, no daily, oh go on then hourly fix. It's the only way I and most of the other members can survive in fact there is an audited thread going.
Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

I ordered my mokka in oct, SE, blue, 1.7 diesel, with every extra that vauxhall do, still waiting, I've been told 5 of may, getting bored of waiting, not sure if its going to be worth the wait?

·
Registered
163 Posts
7 months? - not too bad! - has it been built yet?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure as the dealer never seems to update me, I have to push them for info, I've always had Mitsubishi and there always kept me up to speed with my new motors

·
Registered
572 Posts
Giant said:
Hi

I ordered my mokka in oct, SE, blue, 1.7 diesel, with every extra that vauxhall do, still waiting, I've been told 5 of may, getting bored of waiting, not sure if its going to be worth the wait?
Ouch! That is a LONG time! What event code are you at? Is it actually shipped yet???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure as the dealer never seems to update me, I have to push them for info, I've always had Mitsubishi and there always kept me up to speed with my new motors

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yes sorry I hadn't seen this reply when I asked that question. Mmmmmmm I find it slightly strange that you've been able to be so laid back. Are you tracking it on the trackmyvauxhall site? As you can see quite a number of us are in weekly (daily if need be) contact with Vauxhall chasing updates. If I were you I'd phone and find out where your car is in event code terms as that will give you a good idea of whether 3 May is realistic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Every time there change the date I get a better deal, I've had 1700 pound knocked off the car price, free mats, 500 pound fuel card, and my part ex price is not changing, no matter the miles I do on my ASX. As long as I get my Mokka before my warranty runs out on the ASX il be happy I think,

·
Registered
335 Posts
We nearly went for the ASX over the Mokka... Why are you changing out of curiosity??
The life time warrenry did it for us hense the Mokka but really liked the ASX!! Edited by: Kat34

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had two ASX, but you cannot get as many extras on the ASX as you can with the mokka, plus I change every 2 years so if I don't like it, I'll go back to Mitsubishi lol Edited by: Giant

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Mokka 1.6SE in summet white 17th November 2012, I was origianlly told if the vehicle was availiable before the 1st March 2013 would i take delivery i said no, i have rang the dealer since and have been told delivery to me is expected by the 16th April

1 - 19 of 19 Posts