Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken delivery of my new Mokka (chuffed to bits with it) however rather annoyingly it didn't come with a central arm rest (I think I test drove a higher spec and just assumed it would be there). My previous car (GTC), which I owned for 4 years had one so it has become a normal driving position for me to rest my elbow it. I called Vauxhall parts in the hope purchasing one wouldn't be too painful.... I was wrong - Vauxhall want £312 plus VAT!!! I've looked around but I don't know if the facelift model hasn't been out long enough to be able to find specific after market accessories. I've come across numerous listing for the arm rest but they all specify 2012> but on closer inspection the arm rest doesn't seem to look right against the new interior fittings. Can anyone help? Does anyone know of a trustworthy site or supplier where I can purchase without taking a gamble a reasonably priced central arm rest for my new Mokka?

·
Administrator
10,811 Posts
Hi chrisknight3574 and welcome to this Forum.
As with most things in life, when it becomes a necessity you have to pay the price, unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: CKone

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,651 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. 👍

·
Registered
Mokka 2021
3 Posts
Hi! This wont be answer you looking for, but rather explanation why it will be hard or impossible to get the arm rest for a bit. Warning - English is not my native language, so bear with me ;)

I just got my Mokka this week and i also (judging by your post) basic trim/package that doesnt have arm rest. This was firs tthing i called the dealer and asked - can i buy/get the arm rest as separate accessory.
What he explained me - this model is still very new and Opel just straight up doesnt sell it as separate par (only that arm rest cup that comes on top of it). If you want it, you must pay full price for whole box thing and all that what is there where the arm rest and storage thing is. That is why you got the price of 312+VAT.
They just want to sell cars with higher spec trims, hehe.

Anyway, he told me that in time Opel will definitely sell that arm rest cup as separate part with normal price, it just gonna tke some time. I hope this year, heh.

(this goes to all of, well cosmetic, parts/extras)

p.s. i also asked about option to get android auto (yes it is software only limitation) and apparently it will be an option to upgrade your car to have it (with software update at the authorized dealer). But of course again, when Opel releases that. Also no info on the price, but shouldn't be more than 200~ euros.

·
Registered
2016 Mokka 1.4T SE 4X4
126 Posts
p.s. i also asked about option to get android auto (yes it is software only limitation) and apparently it will be an option to upgrade your car to have it (with software update at the authorized dealer). But of course again, when Opel releases that. Also no info on the price, but shouldn't be more than 200~ euros.
Wow! That's what Vauxhall told me about my 2016 Mokka!

The thing I always found irksome was that (for me anyway) everything would have been fine if the CD600 could just connect to the android screen mirroring app. When I got a Mokka in 2016 there were supposed to be apps available from Vauxhall to download by linking your phone. There were only ever two apps - and Vauxhall discontinued the feature, some other models could link to phone or tablet based sat nav - but not so for the Mokka.

The Mokka X having a touch screen seemed to seal the fate of the earlier systems, there didn't seem to be any other reason for the abrupt end to development.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts