Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.7CDTI 4x4New alloy wheels, tires are 235/30-20 will be replaced with 245/35-20.I bought the rims used with these tires.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Now that's what you call Low Profile. Very nice.

I was running 225 45 18s on my Scooby & had totipy toe round pot holes & speed bumps so I didn't knock my tracking out.

I hope you don't have many pot holes in Sweden as they are just waiting to be buckled the first time you hit one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very nice a set of running boards will set them wheels off. the wheels are bold and brash so the running boards would tone them down a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I stopped after work and mounted the sidebars and after 15 minutes it was done.

This weekend, I will make some extra mounts for the rear part just to make it stronger.
I will take pictures of it and share with you.

After that i will tint the front side windows.

Edited by: conman

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Conman,

I am waiting for my MOKKA but it's only scheduled to be delivered in May ........ 2014 !!!
So, to kill the time, I am looking for new wheels, because I plan to keep the original ones for the winter. I am thinking of upgrading to 20' but I am not sure about the comfort. I had a Mini Cooper with short springs and 215/35/18 and when I drove on a coin I could tell if it was head or tail :)

Do you have a picture of your car taken by the side? And with the new tires? In my opinion, the wheels look great but you look as if you are driving with no tires at all. Good with a sporty car but, for me, not that much on a SUV. In my case, in Belgium, it is very hard (almost impossible) to find 20' in 5x105.

I have found a set of OXXO Vapor (also known as C4W Vapor) but I am trying before ordering to find pics of these wheels fitted on a car.

Anyway, your MOKKA is very nice. I am waiting for the same, mine will have open sunroof also. But looking some times here at yours will make the time pass faster. At least I try to convince myself... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some new pictures from this morning just before we went to the track.
It was drifting at the track today and I where very eager to drive the calibra, but i have little left to do with it before it is ready for the track.

I still have not changed thetires on the mokka so it's still 235/30-20 tires.
Later i will be having 245/35-20, so it will be more profile on the tires and it will fill better.

Joefrey look here a link for you... my whells is not 5x105

Edited by: conman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Conman,

Thanks for you answer and the new pics.

I will still look for 5x105 because I don't want to place spacer. If so, the wheel will go more "outside" of the body and I don't want that. I now have a Renault Clio RS and the specs of the wheel are awfull: 5x108 ET68.

I tried a set of wheels for winter and it was an ET45. The wheels where more "outside" by ± 25 mm and the car was completely different. From a playfull little nervous car, I had a less nervous and very lumpish car. I don't want to have this again.

By the way, what is the model and brand of your wheels bacause I really like the design. I though that small spike will be to thin for the body of the Mokka but I have to say that they look great. Looking forward to seeing with the bigger tires.

Do you plan to lower the MOKKA?

For now, I have found the OXXO Vapor wheel in 20 but I can't find anywhere pictures of the wheel on a car. So wait and see...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Conman, are you still alive ?

Still waiting for my Mokka but I received the sidesteps this monday. By the way, I will wait to see what the 19 inches wheels look like and if I don't like them I will keep them for winter and buy a new set in 19 or 20 inches. What is the brand and model of yours?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've currently got a insignia vxline red with 20" 245\35 tyres. Had it for 2 years and they are not forgiving on the fantastically smooth and pot hole free roads of the UK. Hopefully have my 1.4t mokka within 10 days and I won't be going any bigger than the 18" on it. Bigger wheels do look good though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts