Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,I am new to the forum but have been watching from the outside. I too am waiting for my Mokka. Its a Velvet red diesel auto SE and I am really looking forward to it! I ordered late January and I have one tick now and it should be at the dealers on or about 12/7/13. here's hoping!!! I managed to get a test drive in a manual car as no autos were available and even this was easy for me to drive. I usually drive a diesel auto and I hope the Mokka auto will be ok. The driving position and visibility was a definite improvement over my current car. Is anyone actually out there in Essex driving a red Mokka? Despite keeping my eyes peeled I've only seen the odd one on the road here and there, and NONE in red!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You will love it when you get it. I have a 1.7Cdti Se 4x4 in velvet red but do not live in your area. I have only just refuelled and am only getting 42 to the gallon although my Dic shows 45.5mpg, which is a bit disappointing to say the least. Not run in yet though so will have to see how it goes over time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mokkadna,I am hoping for better MPG as I will mainly use major A roads in "cruise" mode without tearing along. Is the 4x4 permanently engaged or can you use 2 wheel drive on the roads as this would use less fuel? My current car can return ~60mpg if I'm careful.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The 4x4 only comes in when it is needed (sensors on the wheels) otherwise it is two wheel drive. Mpg will be slightly lower as you have the added weight for the 4x4. I also have a full size alloy wheel in my boot which would again lower mpg a little. I haven't checked my tyre pressure (must do so tomorrow) to see if they are on the comfort setting or the economy setting. At the moment I am a little disappointed with the mpg but am hoping it will improve as the engine runs in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I also have ordered a diesel auto Exclusive in Deep Espresso, like you I testdrove a manual diesel for a lot of miles over 'A' roads and around town and the onboard trip pooter showed 54mpg, I know these can be a little optomistic, but would be quite happy around that figure. As my Insignia 2.0 Cdti Sport Tourer 4x4 Auto shows around 36-37mpg which ain't bad.

I ordered mine on the 2nd Feb for 1st Sept but my dealer advised me that it was showing 20th June which has since slipped to the 27th June, he also confirmed last week that it was built but not on a ship yet!!!
Waiting for a further update.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Red Mist said:
Hi everybody,I am new to the forum but have been watching from the outside. I too am waiting for my Mokka. Its a Velvet red diesel auto SE and I am really looking forward to it! I ordered late January and I have one tick now and it should be at the dealers on or about 12/7/13. here's hoping!!! I managed to get a test drive in a manual car as no autos were available and even this was easy for me to drive. I usually drive a diesel auto and I hope the Mokka auto will be ok. The driving position and visibility was a definite improvement over my current car. Is anyone actually out there in Essex driving a red Mokka? Despite keeping my eyes peeled I've only seen the odd one on the road here and there, and NONE in red!

Hi Red Mist

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy the wait. You will have plenty of time to read through all the useful information in all the threads.

Do you want to be added to the July (http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/those-who-have-a-july-date_topic1089.html) thread. We are compiling a list of expectees. Will be interesting to see who get theirs first/last etc.

Pull up a chair in the waiting room. Did you bring any doughnuts?

Edited by: Carbon Flashy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome Red Mist...
I'm in Essex too but like you have seen hardly any Mokkas

Mines hopefully due in around 5 weeks but it's white

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I'm in Chelmsford and yet to see another of any colour in town. I have also seen only a handful on my travels, I have a slver one and only seen one other in silver and that was in Kent.

I've had mine for 4 months now and still get people coming up to me in car parks and asking about the car - quite nice really to be amongst the few.

Enjoy.

Gary

·
Registered
344 Posts
Plot241 said:
Hello and welcome.

I'm in Chelmsford and yet to see another of any colour in town. I have also seen only a handful on my travels, I have a slver one and only seen one other in silver and that was in Kent.

I've had mine for 4 months now and still get people coming up to me in car parks and asking about the car - quite nice really to be amongst the few.

Enjoy.

Gary
I'm originally from Chelmsford but live in Heybridge now .. There is one Mokka that parks in Tesco every morning, but he works there. maybe you will see me whizzing around soon Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
I have just ordered a 1.7cdti SE manual in Boracay Blue and can't wait, I am fortunate enough to have found a dealer that has arranged an exchange with another dealer so have only 5 weeks to wait, don't think I could have managed a 6 month wait. Took one for a short test drive and fell in love with it. Also comes with sat nav, anyone have any experiences of the sat nav?
Kind regards
Ian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Plot241,
I work in Chelmsford or to be more accurate just outside. I have seen 3 on the A12. A black and a silver one around the Boreham interchange or Boreham Block as I call it and a Boracay blue fast mover!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Chelseaboy said:
Hi All
I have just ordered a 1.7cdti SE manual in Boracay Blue and can't wait, I am fortunate enough to have found a dealer that has arranged an exchange with another dealer so have only 5 weeks to wait, don't think I could have managed a 6 month wait. Took one for a short test drive and fell in love with it. Also comes with sat nav, anyone have any experiences of the sat nav?
Kind regards
Ian

Lucky you - I gave up waiting cancelled my order and found a stock car as couldn't wait- The colour is great really stands out. Sat is really easy to use and has full postcode search
bet you cant wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts