Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 25th in fact!
Lots of good stuff happening but this is what I'm most looking forward to; After countless bargain car challenges, Top Gear is presenting a modern GT challenge to see whether new cars with complex electronics can cope as well as older and mechanically simpler cars across brutal environments like the Outback. Clarkson, Hammond, and May choose a BMW 6-series Gran Coupe, a Bentley Continental GT, and a Nissan GT-R respectively across Australia's desert terrain.

Anyone else here a fan?

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,630 Posts
Love the programme, but don't know if it will be the same with the new Clarkson

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I think I've outgrown it a bit. I now tape it so I can zap through them spinning boring doughnuts in performance cars none of are ever likely to be able to afford, all a bit old hat. Also the challenges are so contrived to be almost farcical, and as for them not knowing about that numberplate in Argentina is total nonsense. Come to think of it not much left to watch really.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bandit said:
I think I've outgrown it a bit. I now tape it so I can zap through them spinning boring doughnuts in performance cars none of are ever likely to be able to afford, all a bit old hat. Also the challenges are so contrived to be almost farcical, and as for them not knowing about that numberplate in Argentina is total nonsense. Come to think of it not much left to watch really.
I agree entirely Bandit, every show, high end sports cars, burning the rubber, no wonder the kids of today try and copy them. A new format would help, where as they show how to repair cars, maintain them, etc. As for Clarkson, well he's one big JOKE.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
An evening in front of the tv with the wife, watching 'Top Gear', what's the saying, 'Got more chance being struck by lightning'?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Forcing inmates at Guantanamo Bay to watch Top Gear would qualify as cruel and inhumane treatment.<div abp="1310">Jeremy Clarkson is top of my list of people who need a good slap, closely followed by Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand.
<div abp="1311">Nothing like peace and goodwill to start the new year!

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
biggles said:
Forcing inmates at Guantanamo Bay to watch Top Gear would qualify as cruel and inhumane treatment.<div abp="1310">Jeremy Clarkson is top of my list of people who need a good slap,Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand.

Can I join the queue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Having watched Top Gear because Murdoch Mysteries on freeview drama had finished,
was amazed that the reasonably priced car was still the Astra techline and that JC said some nice things about it!!!!!!!!!
Would really like some "NORMAL " cars test driven along with the silliness but doubtful.
Perhaps one day a MOKKA ?
Edited by: toppamokkabill

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
wellinever said:
biggles said:
Forcing inmates at Guantanamo Bay to watch Top Gear would qualify as cruel and inhumane treatment.<div abp="1310">Jeremy Clarkson is top of my list of people who need a good slap,Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand.

Can I join the queue?

You want a slap as well? ok whatever turns you on....

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Bandit said:
wellinever said:
biggles said:

Can I join the queue?

You want a slap as well? ok whatever turns you on....

Wrong end of stick springs to mind.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hiya Bandit
take your point but being a female can do both watching and knitting (in my case crochet!) It also means I can turn off from the silly bits.
Happy Mokkateering to all

·
Registered
258 Posts
We could all get change .org to sort out a petition to send the three of them to somewhere distant ,like Guantanamo. The Classic car show with Quinten Wilson and Jodie Kidd, I love her so tall and lithe,mmm, seems to be reasonable a bit hammy talking to each other but it might get better. Loved the bit about the TR7 totally agree a load of dung hardly a week would go by without something going wrong and then the rust came through,dolomite engine let down by the body.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No great loss, I very rarely watch it. I like to watch programs that are actuallyabout/test/provide information onthe carsandnot just about the presenters aimlesslyfooling around.
Edited by: Wayne370Z

1 - 20 of 267 Posts