Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never ordered a brand new car, do you get to choose from a few random registration numbers or just get the one it comes with ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Many dealers will have a block of registrations allocated to them. You can choose anything from that list.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
When I ordered mine I asked about the new registrations as when I have had new cars the dealers had a small list for you to choose from. This time I was told that that is no longer done and the registration numbers are now allocated by dvla about a week before your car is to be registered. So there is no choice for you anymore. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my Mokka during the new year holiday period, and as the local DVLA office was closed I had to wait for a week to get my number changed. During this period I was offered several numbers to choose from by my dealer, there was a selection of approx 20 to choose from. Maybe not all dealers work this way though and may allocate your reg number without offering a choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wasn't able to choose mine. However, I was luckier than the purchaser immediately before me who drove off in a Meriva with the 3 letters "VPL" (ask the wife).

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
DVLA - never scared of wringing every last penny out of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts