Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mokka e Launch Edition in Mamba Green
521 Posts
So the wife scuffed one of my wheels on the new Mokka, it's going to cost £140 plus VAT to repair due to the complexity of the wheel design. Ouch. Be careful with these wheels.
Looks like something one of the DIY wheel repair videos on YouTube should cater for.
I'm sure there will be a lot more damage before they really need a professional refurb.

Gaz

·
Registered
Mokka e Launch Edition in Mamba Green
521 Posts
My car OCDs will prevent me doing anything other than getting a proper repair job lol
When I realised how dangerous the tyres they had fitted were in the wet I decided to buy a set of wheels, tyres, bolts and lockers too which were fully painted so would be more robust for winter use. This keeps the original wheels safe.
The handling was improved by both having much better tyres but also slightly wider wheels which hold the tyres better as 7.5J wheels seem to allow more sidewall movement than 8J. Having wheels that can afford a knock or two might be an idea if you get forced to have too many refurbs. Having 4 spare wheels rather than none also gives less worry if you're prone to getting punctures.

Gaz

·
Administrator
11,275 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts